RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by JRoad, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Love the new multi-multi mode, I was running behind on a bunch of updates and this worked great. I however wasn't able to get it to work with auto mode. It just creates one xci with all the games/updates/dlc. Not sure if there was a setting somewhere I missed.

Also just a side note, the window title is showing v0.83 instead of 0.85

2. JRoad
    OP

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Ah I forgot to change it, well I'll do a b version later since I also did a small fix on python.
    For the auto mode you need to open the bat and change the way it works in the options ->auto mode, folder repack.

Plunt likes this.
  3. 18Phoenix

18Phoenix GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    @JRoad Great job like always, big thanks :grog:

Question about "Delta removal mode now rebuilds by cnmt order and create cnmt.xml files".
    Do I understand correct:
    Now I can rebuild the missing xml files (needed for XCI-Explorer) ?
    That would be awesome.
    Is the Super-XCI-Trimmer keeping or deleting the xml-files ?

Last edited by 18Phoenix, May 13, 2019
  4. ChurrosBacon

ChurrosBacon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Brazil
    Heyyyyy JRoad thank you so muchhh for your amazing work done to this community!!! People like you should be winning Nobel prizes for granting us the privilege of playing!
    Thanks aside for now, JRoad, could you pleeease give me a little hand?
    I’m having troubles trying to convert Cuphead + Update into a single xci file. I get the: NameError: name ’ccount’ is not defined. This error is bugging me out, i’m afraid this persits to other games. Sorry for bothering your amazing job, but i just couldn’t find any help anywhere else (also I don’t know sh** about Progamming stuff).
    Again, I’m very very very gratefull for your incredible work! :)

5. JRoad
    OP

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yes, the delta-removal one skips updates, while the rebuild one rebuild everything.Basically I was asked for it, the cnmt order while irrelevant you could say is Nintendo standardized orders, you can see for example how scene-xcis have their nca order that way.
    Again, this is totally irrelevant for installation and won't really press an advantage but will add the xmlz reorder the nca an use a normal size header instead of a fixed 8kb one for compatibility with old tools.
    All the xci functions skip the xml files, the reason is xcis never use xml files and even xci-explorer will read properly a xci without them.
    Another notes xci explorer can't read nsps with multiple cnmt.xml files, it would've need to add only the predominant one which would've give false data.
    The idea of the supertrimmer is mostly for people that installs xci since they will have only untouch ncas and only what blawar's tinfoil installs so they can install them without activating unsigned code.
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

In the new version? I probably missed something since I changed a lot this time here and there.I'll try to fix it at night, should be an easy fix.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by JRoad, May 13, 2019
  6. 18Phoenix

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    Is there something wrong using "7" (to rebuild nsp by cnmt order) to get a new NSP including XML ?
    upload_2019-5-13_12-50-56.

It's listing the XML file durcing the build process, but a check with file info shows that the new result-file has non. :(
    upload_2019-5-13_12-53-49.

I used the new 0.85 but the top still shows 0.83 :!:

Last edited by 18Phoenix, May 13, 2019
  7. JRoad
    OP

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    I'll check later. I did test it but since I did changes here and there in several functions i could've messed up something when changing other thing. I'll check later with the same game to be sure.

18Phoenix likes this.
  8. ChurrosBacon

ChurrosBacon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Brazil
    I think is the new version, i dowloaded the first link yesterday at night.
    Btw thanks for the support!

9. Spuddelkopf

Spuddelkopf Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Great Tool! I've been using it for quite some time! THX!

But i have one question... so far i could convert every .nsp to xci
    Anyone tried to convert "swords of ditto" (with the update); i can merge both .nsp to one xci
    but when launching (SX OS 2.7.1 beta; Emunand 7.0.1) the screen stays black

Anybody with the same result? so far i could convert everything fine (even with updates)
    this is the first "problem" :D

10. JRoad
    OP

May 18, 2018
    Spain
  11. aleher86

aleher86 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2019
    Argentina
    Thanks! I did it and it's working! I didn't use the Japanese version because I think that version doesn't have Spanish. That's my first language.

12. JRoad
    OP

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    It has, the one that doesn't have it is the Asia one. FF X\X-2 has 3 versions with different ids.

The Japanese is this one:
    FINAL FANTASY X X-2 HD Remaster (Japan) - titleid: 0100B3600AE9A000
    Language string: En,Jp,Fr,De,Es,It

Asia version is:
    FINAL FANTASY X X-2 HD Remaster (Asia) - titleid: 0100FE500D0CA000
    Language string: En,Jp,Kr,Tw,Ch

The japanese one is less known than the Asia or Europe\USA one but as the Asia version includes both games in the same cartridge and in this case it has spanish.

Last edited by JRoad, May 13, 2019
  13. 18Phoenix

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    Thanks, but still no xml in the target-file.
    But yes, now it's 0.85 :lol:

Works perfect - GREAT.
    (Last time there was no target file at all, so I check the old file again thinking that it has been changed.)
    Thanks a lot :bow: - so my beloved XCI Explorer will always work from now on.

Hurra :grog::grog::grog:

Last edited by 18Phoenix, May 14, 2019
  14. 18Phoenix

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    "Repaired" a huge number of NSP files (UPD+DLC) - work all fine with xml now.
    AWESOME :D

15. ChurrosBacon

ChurrosBacon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Brazil
    hi i'm having the same no lens problem, but not the the system cannot find the file part, could you say how you fixed that?

Hey i could try it just now! Thanks for the reply, i still can't install cuphead. When i convert just the game it says Exception: object of type 'NoneType' has no len() and that is it. When i try to convert the game plus the update, now in multipack of curse, it just makes an UNKNOWN [] . xci 62kbs file, smalller than the update itself. i even tried changing the names of the files.
    i don't know, the game played just fine as nsp in my switch, probably is just my crazy pc doing crazy fuc*** up sh** kkkk. But thanks for your kind help!

16. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    just curious.. what differences (if any) are there between NSP and XCI data layout?

Are NSP files essentially compressed like install files and XCI is uncompressed, ready to run?

Could a theoretical XCI spoofer attach to an NSP and then allow NSPs to be played directly, without installation?

thank you.

17. ChurrosBacon

ChurrosBacon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Brazil
    Hey i tried converting more games overnight and as expected of your amazing work, they worked great, even the big ones like Smash plus update and dlcs.
    I think only two other games, like The Duck Game got the same kind of error, which proves the problem is on the files itself probably, not your progam, of course.
    But anyway, any ideia of what are these games lacking or a way of me solving it? If it isn’t bothering too much!
    THX again!!!

18. JRoad
    OP

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    The cuphead thing is because you are missing the master_key_07

More or less there is a dirty way to achieve that if you don't mind installing tickets and still needs SX loader, that's kinda why I prefer to generate a new file since conversion times are good nowadays.

Last edited by JRoad, May 15, 2019
    gizmomelb likes this.
  19. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    Thanks for the info, yeah you've already seen and replied on the discord.. it would be nice to have an app all users could use - it would certainly stop the offhand comments of seeing XCI USB loading as useless.

20. ChurrosBacon

ChurrosBacon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Brazil
    Thank you i will try to find this master key and i put it somewhere kkkk wish me luck