ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 731,028
  • Replies 2,826
  • Likes 74

wiiandrewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have here some games with all dlcs and updates and when i am making a single xci i see nscb giving me this kind of "errors":

"excluding delta fragment xjshdksdhjsksd34834j3g34j.nca"

For example, Mk11, i have here 30 DLCs and the final xci says 19D
Is this normal ?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's absolutely wrong, XCI and NSP are just different formats that can both handle the same
and has absolutely nothing to do with physical or eShop version.
TF are you talking about? XCI is a card image format. NSP is is a Nintendo Submission Package. He was not "absolutely wrong". You will never get an XCI from eshop, so to say it has nothing to do with physical vs eShop version is what's absolutely wrong.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/xci#:~:text=An XCI file contains the,updates to a Switch game.

Last edited by urherenow,

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TF are you talking about? XCI is a card image format. NSP is is a Nintendo Submission Package. He was not "absolutely wrong". You will never get an XCI from eshop, so to say it has nothing to do with physical vs eShop version is what's absolutely wrong.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/xci#:~:text=An XCI file contains the,updates to a Switch game.
Sorry to read that you seem to have no plan at all of the subject. The added link alone makes that more than clear.
Nothing else to say.

Post automatically merged:

Is this still updated?
No, but all necessary functions still work, but not everything.

Last edited by SNES-Fan,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rather have a link to a thread here? https://gbatemp.net/threads/differences-between-nsp-and-xci-files.511776/

How about from devs? https://switchbrew.org/wiki/XCI

stop being an idiot. You’re either a newb, or have a relatively fresh account because you were banned before.
Unfortunately, one can already see from your insulting words that you can't taken seriously.
Nevertheless thanks for the link that which confirms my statement.

The difference is only "different encryption and nca settings", so nothing big at all.
That's why you can convert every XCI to NSP and vice versa.
Impossible if the content wouldn't be the same.
You can have (or "get" as you say) a XCI of every game that never existed as game card
and a NSP of every game that never had an eShop release.
Both impossible according to your statement.
Homebrew would never exist because there exist no game card of it and of course they are not in the eShop.
So hey, but I have Homebrew NSP files and no problem to get Homebrew XCI files ?
Incredible isn't it ?
Reason: It has nothing to do with "game card" or "eShop".
That's just what the formats were meant for. At the end the source doesn't matter at all.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, one can already see from your insulting words that you can't taken seriously.
Nevertheless thanks for the link that which confirms my statement.

The difference is only "different encryption and nca settings", so nothing big at all.
That's why you can convert every XCI to NSP and vice versa.
Impossible if the content wouldn't be the same.
You can have (or "get" as you say) a XCI of every game that never existed as game card
and a NSP of every game that never had an eShop release.
Both impossible according to your statement.
Homebrew would never exist because there exist no game card of it and of course they are not in the eShop.
So hey, but I have Homebrew NSP files and no problem to get Homebrew XCI files ?
Incredible isn't it ?
Reason: It has nothing to do with "game card" or "eShop".
That's just what the formats were meant for. At the end the source doesn't matter at all.

The very top of the page:

XCI​

This is the format used for storing the contents of a Nintendo Switch Gamecard.

I get that English isn't your first language (it's painfully obvious), but no, you will not find homebrew in XCI format. In your future studies, please begin with the meaning of “nothing to do with”.

Nobody said you couldn't convert to XCI. They said it was a gamecard format, while .nsp is eshop format. FACT. Only sxOS used the format and it was ONLY FOR CARD IMAGES. People want to use it to play games without "installing" them, and so they can run them from an external hdd, but it's pointless nowadays. They take basically the same space on your card installed or as an XCI, and sx can't run games that require >11 firmware.

Also an XCI can be mounted and played as-is. An nsp CANNOT. An nsp ALWAYS has to be installed first.

So again, you're wrong. Just drop it.

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They said it was a gamecard format, while .nsp is eshop format. FACT.
Thanks for confirming me again. What I've said: Just different formats.
The difference is only "different encryption and nca settings". Nothing else. FACT
And NO, XCI is not a game card, a game card is out of plastic etc. It's a game card FORMAT, nothing else. It's a format meant to be used like a game card. That's a huge difference. Of course it's possible to put everything into this format, also eShop or a Homebrew content. No problem to save a cartridge content as a NSP file or eShop as XCI file.

You will not find homebrew in XCI format.
So go ahead and make an XCI out of a current game all you want. See how useless it is.
Of course not, XCI is totally outdated and currently unsupported, no more use at all.
As one of the first SXOS users I know that still using it became absolutely useless and is outdated long ago.
Near to no one wants the many disadvantages only to be able to load XCI files from external HDD.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh...
XCI and NSP are just different formats that can both handle the same
As you stated again in your last reply, they CANNOT handle the same. An XCI cannot be made with DLC included.
and has absolutely nothing to do with physical or eShop version.
Round and round we go. Show me a legit eshop download in .xci format. Show me an unaltered dump of a gamecard in an nsp package (not one CONVERTED to an NSP via homebrew), in other words, an image that can be mounted (or flashed if you have the hardware to do so) and run online with zero risk of ban, because it is a legitimate image).

It has EVERYTHING to do with cart vs eshop. Nevermind that we know how to make an NSP out of homebrew or out of a cart.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to point, xci can include DLC.
iirc SnipperClips Plus included a dlc in the cart, for example.
They are baked into a new file, signed by Nintendo. It's not the original game with extra dlc files added seperately onto the cart. That's not the same thing. Show me an nsp with seperate dlc files converted into a single .xci, with all of those dlcs recognized by and working in-game, then you have a point.

Not that it proves the main discussion at hand: That an xci is for a cart image, and all eshop downloads come in an nsp format.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to read that you seem to have no plan at all of the subject. The added link alone makes that more than clear.
Nothing else to say.

No, but all necessary functions still work, but not everything.
What is not working atm?

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is not working atm?
Deltas are probably not recognized and deleted for newer files. Can't remember since when.
Installation with DBI shows ignoring deltas, but NSCB doesn't find any.
I've still used NSCB to delete these useless deltas but now no more because of that.

Show me an nsp with seperate dlc files converted into a single .xci, with all of those dlcs recognized by and working in-game, then you have a point.
That was once the main reason to use NSCB, to build such a single XCI file with update and several DLCs included.
Has always worked flawless without any problems.

Last edited by SNES-Fan,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Deltas are probably not recognized and deleted for newer files. Can't remember since when.
Installation with DBI shows ignoring deltas, but NSCB doesn't find any.
I've still used NSCB to delete these useless deltas but now no more because of that.

That was once the main reason to use NSCB, to build such a single XCI file with update and several DLCs included.
Has always worked flawless without any problems.
But can still repackage FW 15 games into xci/nsp/nsz etc. whatever?

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But can still repackage FW 15 games into xci/nsp/nsz etc. whatever?
Should with the newest keys. But I haven't used NSCB for a long time and I'll no more.
I only use NSP files.
Space is no problem these days and installing many files at once is easier than ever before, just simple drag'n'drop.
No more need to pack updates and DLCs into one file, all big waste of time.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Should with the newest keys. But I haven't used NSCB for a long time and I'll no more.
I only use NSP files.
Space is no problem these days and installing many files at once is easier than ever before, just simple drag'n'drop.
No more need to pack updates and DLCs into one file, all big waste of time.
Wdym these days lol?

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wdym these days lol?
The current days ... in the present time ... since a longer time :lol:
I'm the big fan of the DBI app, best installation+more app, love it.
Since it supports drag'n'drop installation no more need for converting, combining or compresssion tools.
For me I mean of course.

Please share your newest impression about the current state of NSCB.
Just interested, not need it anymore.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The current days ... in the present time ... since a longer time :lol:
I'm the big fan of the DBI app, best installation+more app, love it.
Since it supports drag'n'drop installation no more need for converting, combining or compresssion tools.
For me I mean of course.

Please share your newest impression about the current state of NSCB.
Just interested, not need it anymore.
I use External hdd purely for on the road installation of my files. so my use cage is a bit ddifferent. havent used this tool for a couple years though

Reactions: SNES-Fan

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: should have read this thread from the beginning. I had no Idea packing dlc into an XCI was a thing (and working) because this thread was started while I was transitioning from military to civilian, and didn’t have any time at all to play games or lurk around here…

Now it makes more sense to me why some people think there is no correlation between cart=xci while nsp=eshop. Although that sentiment is wrong. XCI is still a cart image. This program just happens to be able to modify/create them.

SNES-Fan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use External hdd purely for on the road installation of my files. so my use cage is a bit ddifferent. havent used this tool for a couple years though
I also used an external drive when using SXOS with XCIs. That was comfortable on the one side, on the other side the loading times with bigger files was much to slow because USB3 speed was never used with SXOS. That speed came later for Atmo.
I use a 512GB microSD that's more than enough space for many many games.
Installation direct from PC to the SD by drag'n'drop, no extra file transfer needed.

So you use the HDD direct on the docking station or by always connecting by cable to the Switch ?
But so or so, you need to connect the HDD to a PC to get new files on it for later installation.
My way that's not needed, I directly install them and save all the time to transfer file to the extra HDD.
In your case it's better to combine all in one file, of course. :)
I wouldn't trust the app anymore because it even can't delete deltas in newer cases.
Sadly it's discontinued, because it once was the one and only app.

@urherenow
I think we're just talking past each other. (Correct English ? :unsure:)
I know what the files types XCI and NSP meant to be used for.

Is the file type XCI meant to be used for game card dumps and NSP for eShop ? Yes, was never different!
So is an XCI file a rip of a game card ?
No! Could also be a convertion of an eShop app or a HB app which has never been released as game card.
It's just a file type meant to be used as a game card.
Are there content differences between XCI and NSP, regarding the app to be installed ?
No, both contain all needed NCA files to make the wanted installation work, both types handle everything needed.

XCI was used for mounting long time ago, that's an outdated and no more supported way of use. The only supported use is installation that reduces the difference to zero. However it's no problem to convert every NSP to XCI and vice versa, because there're no infos missing for both conversion directions. Only differences are the encryption and the nca settings.
But there's no need at all to still use XCI, all contents like base+upd+dlc can be also combines in one single NSP (or NSZ) file.
Ok, everyone who likes slow loading times could still use XCIs from external drive usinf FW11 + SXOS.
But up-to-date-useres prefer higher speed, this old way is much too slow ... outdated ... unsupported ... dead.

Last edited by SNES-Fan,
Reactions: Chrisssj2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality