RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by JRoad, Nov 4, 2018.

1. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Nope just says all files are processed, I'll try verifying

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Verified fine

2. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Ok, so the github issue seems to be related to github cert in the github side being invalid. Apparently is also a regional matter, it seems is happenning in Spain but not other countries so i guess the old certificate is still being catched i suppose it will solve by itself in the next 24h, though there may be a need of a third mirror non github based.

Do you have it on the desktop or something similar? I think is possible the files don't get added to the list for some reason in this case.
    After dragging the file check if it gets added.

yusuo likes this.
  3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Dragging it in worked, its just finished processing and spat out a nsp. For reference, wasn't on my desktop was on the root of my d: (internal ssd).

Thanks for your help

Last edited by yusuo, Nov 12, 2019
  4. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    does the file verify fine? because that error means the nca magic is either bad or header can't be decrypted

5. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    @JRoad can your tool delete the update partition when compressing xci to xcz? And can it decompress xcz back to xci?

6. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yes, it's the only format i did currently compressed xci with empty update partition like a supertrimmed one. I didn't do the lossless format with the firware ncas compressed yet and yes the decompressor decompress xcz, they can also be used as input in modes 1-3 to get xcis, nsps from it.
    And well there's an option in the configuration to compress xci to nsz instead of xcz though i don't see the point since tinfoil installs both xcz and nsz.

ganons likes this.
  7. Puppydogpals

Puppydogpals GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    With regard to compression the higher the level the more compressed but the higher the longer it takes I'm guessing.

But what influence does the threading have?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8. LalalaBro

LalalaBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    Indonesia
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone else get this error
    Exception: Expecting ':' delimiter: line 226 column 22 (char 7979)
    when using the rename function?

9. daq

daq Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2007
    Gambia, The
    was coming here to ask the same thing, ive just seen that happen today as well. mostly on dlc files (and some which worked fine a few days back)

10. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    DLCs use the name in the nutdb database, updates and games are read ingame. I'll check later but that seems the json may been corrupt on the 226 line. If forcing an update via the config doesn't work you'll need to use this though is 10 days old.
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/download/v0.96c/nutdb_not_auto_update.zip

11. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yes, higher levels are slower and threads can help speed performance but a high level + threads needs your computer to be able to handle it.
    Normally 10+4 threads and 17+2threads are fast and handable. Level 22 + 1 thread is fast if the computer can handle the whole operation, if not it stops in parts on the compression and appears to hang but is actually joining the threads on disk, is something the zstandard library appears to do by itself and continues normally when able to, I think is ram related and while I can complete some games without it happening others will have these false hangs on level22 1 threads.
    Ah also threads starts by 0 so 1 thread actually means 2 logical cores.

12. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Edit: Today's upload for nutdb seems incomplete it'll probably fix by itself tomorrow on next refresh but I'll add a new check so old json doesn't get replaced if new one is incomplete.
    This is yesterday's json you can use to fix the program for now.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/5rvv1kaxfjus0tq/nutdb.json/file
    Además to be fixed now if you force the DB update.

Last edited by JRoad, Nov 15, 2019
  13. mrbarnie

mrbarnie Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Hungary
    Hello guys,

sorry I am not that deep involved in this topic and need someonce help.
    I am looking for an easy way to merge my nsp updates into the main nsp and maybe all the dlcs as well.
    This will clean up my harddrive and save me a lot of GBs.

I am not sure will this be easly possible for my setup? (8.0.1 and xecuter dongle)

Thanks a lot
    MrBarnie

14. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    if you're using sxos then i would take your nsps into xci.

in ztools there's a key_template.txt place your keys in the file and rename it to keys.txt

place all files u want to merge into 1 in a folder

use option 2 > repack as xci > Merge into single file

mrbarnie likes this.
  15. 18Phoenix

18Phoenix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    VERIFY hash of files isn't working in the newest version for my selfmade NSP.
    After pressing "1" an errorline appears for a short sec, then I'm back in the menu.
    It still works fine with 0.89.
    I don't know the error message, because CLS everywhere.
    I wouldn't use CLS anywhere, infos going lost with.

Another thing:
    If I check my selfmade NSP, the file check results in correct NSP including only correct NCAs.
    But if I build a XCI out of it, VERIFY hash of files gives only "corrupt" for all NCAs. WHY ???

Last edited by 18Phoenix, Nov 16, 2019
  16. mrbarnie

mrbarnie Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    Hungary
    thanks for the quick reply, i will try it asap ;-)
    i hope i can execute everything you suggested.

thanks
    mrbarnie

17. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    @JRoad in SX OS the game Bee Simulator shows a white square instead of artwork, even if I repackage the XCI and use the 8.1.0 key to sign it. Any ideas?

UPDATE: re-did it using the key before 8.1.0 and the icon shows now...

Last edited by markmcrobie, Nov 18, 2019
  18. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    @JRoad used one of your earlier builds (few months ago) to patch it with update and dlc, game loaded fine. Now it's asking to update. The only difference is since have updated switch from 5.0.1 to 8.0.1

Any idea why this is the case?

19. 18Phoenix

18Phoenix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    Germany
    The information about the current update versions is stored in the new FW, so the system knows that there exists a newer update.

20. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    That doesn't make sense

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted