RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by JRoad, Nov 4, 2018.

1. PsyKos

PsyKos Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2007
    France
    France
    Hello and thank you again for this fabulous app. It's really a must have for the Switch.

Nevertheless, I have two questions:

- After having compressed in NSZ, can I add then an update or DLC as I did with the NSP? For now I am forced to decompress them to redo a complete NSP and then recompress them.

- Can I use an XCZ directly with SX OS or must I decompress it into XCI?

Thank you in advance.

2. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2013
    Australia
    1. in a recent update if u try to combine an nsz file it will decompress and combine them in the same process
    2. unsure

3. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    1.- First one is like pcwizard7 said, currently modes 1-3 will take nsz\xcz as input and let you choose nsp\xci as output. Mode 2 will let you combine nsp,xci,nsz,xcz and will give you a xci\nsp
    2.- XCZ is currently for storage or installation. You can install it using tinfoil and sx installer. If you want to mount a xcz you need to decompress it first.

After reading it properly i think you want to combine nsz to nsz or nsp + nsz to nsz. I'll add that in future releases.

Last edited by JRoad, Nov 6, 2019
    PsyKos likes this.
  4. Zer151

Zer151 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2015
    Thailand
    I have tried to dumb my keys.txt by your advise and use last version of nsc_builder.

But it still can’t convert nsz and update into xci, it’s still come out like 62kb

Attached Files:

5. AizenSousuke

AizenSousuke Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2018
    Singapore
    Is the XCI split still corrupted when I try to package all of them into one xci (game+dlcs+update) on some games?

6. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Paste them into the template. Additionally use the keys.txt verification that's on mode0 configuration to see if they're correctly detected.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Someone said it was giving him issues, I didn't test myself and I doubt i'd do it this weekend.

7. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Are there tools in this program to remove DLC and/or UPDATEs from a previously constructed .xci that has that content already added? If so can I get a tutorial?

8. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Mode 3, multi splitter will give you all the files separate by id as xcis, nsps. Then you need to use that content to create a new xci\nsp.

Ratatattat likes this.
  9. Ratatattat

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    Program should get the "Most Excellent" award.

10. daq

daq Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2007
    Gambia, The
    fantastic program, exactly what i was looking for to help me clean up the naming scheme of my files.
    just wondering if there is a way to also add the "display version" number to updates when renaming, and also the "content type" (these fields are viewable in the gui, but i cant see a way to add them in to the renaming option)
    e.g instead of WhateverGame [titleid] [v196608] id like it to say somethign like - WhateverGame [titleid] [UPDATE] [v196608] [v1.2.1]

thanks again for making this!

11. Rasa39

Rasa39 LovesCuteShiz

Aug 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    This has probably been asked but nothing showed up in search so my apologies. But some games want to check if the software can be played which times out due to airplane mode.

These are games I have removed the title rights to, I know this error is due to incorrect ticket install of e-shop games, but I thought removing title rights meant removing the need for a ticket?

Any idea if I'm doing anything wrong? It's only happened with one game so far, who's regular nsp dump runs fine.

12. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    @JRoad getting this error when trying to incorporate 6.0.0 update and DLC for Super Smash Bros into my XCI:

Code:
    Exception: Failed to decrypt NCA header: b'\x86\x10\xe8\x85'
    My keys are all verified valid.

UPDATE: I get the exact same error when trying to use mode 3 Splitter on my existing SSBU XCI (pre-6.0.0)

Last edited by markmcrobie, Nov 10, 2019
  13. Zer151

Zer151 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2015
    Thailand
    what is mode 0 configuration mean and what template mean , I can't find it in folder, I have no any luck to use it

14. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm trying to combine latest updates and DLC with my previously converted XCIs. The only option I set is Required Firmware 1.0.0. Everything looks correct in XCI-Explorer, but when I try to launch the game, I just get a black box, saying The Game Card Could Not Be Read. Any idea what I did wrong?

Edit: For some reason it didn't like my personal cartridge dump, so I tracked down the eShop nsp, and now it works perfectly. Hope I don't have to do that for my entire physical collection - would be a major bummer. The standalone base game XCIs have always worked just fine, but now that I have more USB storage, I'd like to add the updates to them all.

Last edited by simbin, Nov 11, 2019
  15. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    How do I convert xci to nsp with this program, also where do I put the keys.txt file if not in the root folder

16. Ratatattat

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    ztools folder

17. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I figured it out, but now when I process and do as a nsp it does it instantaneously and no file is created

18. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Github seems to asked for a ssl certificate now to download the database. While i code the necessary changes use the nutdb_not_auto_update.zip config.
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/download/v0.96c/nutdb_not_auto_update.zip
    If you have the database from the last days just replace the config files so it doesn't try to update while i search for a solution to the github thing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Verify your keys in mode 0 - configuration to see if it's detecting them properly.

19. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    All keys verified properly but it still instantly processes and doesn't spit out a file

20. JRoad
    OP

JRoad Developer

pip Developer
    May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Doesn-t it give you errors? Try to verify the file in mode 4, option 8 verify.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted