NSB Super Mario game in "The Hottie & The Nottie"

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Gifted1, May 4, 2008.

May 4, 2008
  1. Gifted1
    OP

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now I believe that I have played every Mario game that has come out. I was watching "The Hottie & The Nottie" (don't ask why. It was a terrible movie) and 21 minutes into it, the guy was on the couch and he was playing a Mario game that I have never seen before. He was playing it on the Gamecube (I can tell by the controler) and on the screen it looked like a platformer Mario game. It was 3d'ish (Like New Super Mario Bros) but it was playing the music from the 1st Super mario bros game. If anyone seen this movie and know what game this is, please tell me. I tried searching google for any info on it but culdnt find anything. I'll try to make a screen cap tomorrow if nobody knows what I'm talking about. Thanks!

2. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    make a screenshot i want to know now

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Was probably the sections in Mario Sunshine where he didn't use his FLUDD pack.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    No you can't. They make a video of the game they want on screen, then they choose a controller that they think looks good to put in the actors' hands. The two don't necessarily have anything to do with each other.

5. Gifted1
    OP

Member Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok, nevermind. As I was going to do the screen cap, I realized that that game was SSBB. He was playing the SSE part of the game. I guess i should have payed attention to the iconat the bottom of the screen lol. He must have been playing a demo or something because they filmed this in 2007 and I know SSBB wasnt out until this year. Or they did what Destructobot said and just made a video of the previews of the game and used that. So sorry guys, false alarm lol.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Or he could just be playing the GC game Melee.