1. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    yep. there's no .exe, but .jar.

install java first, in the provided guide there's a link.

2. Bonobhoy

Bonobhoy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    yeah ive installed java.

When i click on the usb loader the icon instantly flashes and the small blue cricle appears for a second on mouse pointer (as if it wont run) Its not running in background either.

Is there another loader i can use?

3. developer_su

OP developer_su GBAtemp Regular
    Developer

Russia
    I guess for using MTP you should better try either liuervehc/nxmtp or retronx-team/mtp-server-nx
    I'm not sure how could I add it.. It's just desktop app. And mods are just LayeredFS folders so you can simply copy-paste them once connected NS as MTP device =)

Perhaps you have broken file associations. Try using application called jarfix

livinitwarrior likes this.
  4. livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior GBAtemp Regular

United States

developer_su likes this.
  5. developer_su

Developer

Russia

NS-USBloader v4.4

Changelog:
    • Fix broken "Don't serve requests" option.
    • Update Brazilian Portuguese Translation by @andercard0. Thank you!
    • Fix/improve split-files validations.
    • Fix #79 (Merge: Save to folder not working), #80 (Select NSP files not working). Thanks @xXxQuiquexXx, @tefanga!

6. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Good job. I love this tool. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I noticed that it didn't work in desktop from macOS. I prefer to put it in desktop but it wont work. It only work in Downloads section.

Last edited by spotanjo3, Nov 6, 2020
  7. developer_su

Developer

Russia
    Thanks!

IDK, I don't have mac. On virtual machine I'm not able to start app in GUI mode in whatever folder.. as for CLI - at least it does something when located in 'desktop'. And.. that's all what I have.
    [​IMG]

8. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I see. Maybe something to do with Catalina ? In Mojave I was able to do this in desktop. For Catalina, I have to do it in Downloads instead. @[email protected]

9. developer_su

Developer

Russia
    Mmm.. maybe try this
    But to be honest with you, I have no idea. Hope some MacOS users will come and fix this one day.

10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I haven't updated the app to the latest yet but I installed it on my new Catalina Mac the other day and it's running fine from somewhere inside my home directory (not in Downloads). If I can help figure out whatever the problem is I will (tho not tonight!)

developer_su and peteruk like this.
  11. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Have you tried put it in desktop and launch it ? Let the developer and I know about it.

Nope. Still works fine in Downloads section instead. For desktop - Look at this message for desktop error:

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 11.13.36 AM.png

Console error message:

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 11.20.23 AM.png

Sandbox: java(10694) System Policy: deny(1) file-read-data /Users/username/Desktop/ns-usbloader-4.5.jar

Last edited by spotanjo3, Nov 7, 2020
  12. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I just downloaded the latest version from github to my desktop, tried to open it, it gave the usual error about an unknown developer, I did "open anyway" from security settings, and it started normally.

Have you googled the error message and sandbox-related stuff? I don't know much about it, but this suggests the first thing to try is rebooting. The other stuff it says about finding the app's folder in Library/Containers, I couldn't find anything for ns-usbloader (it appears to be talking about the Library in your user folder, rather than the one in root, as that doesn't have a Containers folder).

13. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Interesting. Maybe update Mojave to Catalina screw it somehow ? Hmm. Ok, I will figured it out, thought. Obviously nothing is wrong with NS-USBloader and desktop. Something must be wrong with Catalina that screw up in my laptop somehow. Thanks!

Wait..... you guys... I decided to test it on my best friend's macOS and found out that it need JDK which mine didn't mentioned it at all. That's weird because it runs fine on my Download section. I said ok, maybe I don't have JDK installed before. Maybe it requires to run in desktop for JDK. I go ahead and installed JDK and drag and drop NS-USBloader to desktop. Now, it's working properly.

Last edited by spotanjo3, Nov 7, 2020
    developer_su and hippy dave like this.
  14. Muxi

Muxi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    @developer_su Is it possible that the PC client has to be adapted as well as the installer tools for ams 0.16.0 / FW 11.0.0? A friend of mine has already adapted his Awoo-Installer fork to the requirements of the update to AMS 0.16.0 / FW 11.0.0, but still no USB installation with the NS-USBloader works.

Mizo likes this.
  15. developer_su

Developer

Russia
    No. Absolutely not.

However there could be a million of other issues related to bad cable, weird issues related to USB port (I have hard-to-catch issues related to this on my laptop on Manjaro. Is it because of laptop vendor? Because of linux?), JDK version (11 works best for MacOs and Oracle's JRE 8 still a good choice for Windows. On Linux.. I use 11 and 12 and 8 etc.)

Usually it's because of issue related to cable.. Or something related to new AMS version and Awoo fork/build.

Muxi likes this.
  16. developer_su

Developer

Russia

NS-USBloader v5.0

Changelog:
    • @wolfposd added 'files-scanner functionality': You can select folder instead of file/files to run recursive scan: all supported formats would be added. Same functionality set for drag-n-drop. See #51 for details (BTW it's not yet implemented for CLI). Thank you, wolfposd!
    • @eslamabdel translated application to Arabic. Thank you!
    • @DDinghoya updated Korean translation. Thank you!
    • Other not important minor color adjustments for 'light' theme, aligning pixels etc.

17. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    whats the reason only legacy version to work on my Win10 PC

18. developer_su

Developer

Russia
    IDK. Legacy version just uses usb4java-1.2.0 while 'regular one' uses usb4java-1.3.0. I didn't check what libusb versions used in these two wrappers (but not the latest for sure) however there is are a known issues with old MacOS where application refuses to work with usb4java-1.3.0 but works great with usb4java-1.2.0 (-legacy versions). Sometimes some people using some versions of Windows also have issues like this.
    So to find out the reason you have to compare the code of the different libusb versions and check what is changed and what impact it made. I'm too lazy for doing that, so I'm just waiting for a new version of usb4java.. maybe then we can drop-off '-legacy' builds :unsure:

LyuboA likes this.
  19. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    not a problem i was just curious thx

20. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

I'm going to readback the thread incase it was covered, but I'm having an issue with this.

Latest NS-USBLoader & AwooInstaller.

During installation, probably about 3/5 minutes in, AwooInstaller crashes and thus NS-USBLoader stops sending data.

Fresh install of latest Atmosphere with 10.3 (I believe, I know it's 10.x anyways).

Seems like installing through USB is rather very unstable?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - USBloader, installer, GoldLeaf