hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it worked! thanks
!

But i keep running into errors on either transfer or install once transfer is complete. I keep getting error “bufferdata189: usb transfer timed out or failed”

any ideas?
No sorry, I've never encountered that one. Try a different cable, different USB port?

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

NS-USBloader v3.0
Changelog:
  • New windows users can (download and) install drivers from application using button on settings ('Gear') tab. Drivers are libusbK v3.0.7.0 that people used to install over Zadig. Drivers would be installed for both APX (RCM Mode) and 'Homebrew' modes of the NS.
  • Added CLI key for removing all application settings. I don't know why you may need this but maybe in case of some emergency. Read a bit more about CLI

JY2svZH.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@azoreseuropa
Also, you were right about check-for-updates-error. There were a typo on GitHub site that I made.
Thanks!

D

Deleted-533105

I'm trying to install NS-USBloader on Ubuntu Mate, and I can't get it to work, I've downloaded the normal 3.0 JAR file from the github releases page. I marked it as executable, and even tried running it as admin. but it still wont launch (i have Java 8 JDK runtime installed)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by spotanjo3,

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i tried this my pc would always give a blue screen sad face when turning off after using this app, also always got usb time error on Awoo installer. ended up uninstalling

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm trying to install NS-USBloader on Ubuntu Mate, and I can't get it to work, I've downloaded the normal 3.0 JAR file from the github releases page. I marked it as executable, and even tried running it as admin. but it still wont launch (i have Java 8 JDK runtime installed)

What executable? It should be executed as '$ java -jar filename.jar'. There are no +x requirement for jar file.

Also agree with azoreseuropa, use something newer on Linux. Like OpenJDK11 (because it's LTS) or JDK14. I heard there are some issues with JRE8 on Linux.. But if you try it with JRE8 let me know if it works =)

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this available as a non java version? I am asking because I had always trouble to run java applications. I tired OpenJDK and the original Oracle one, nothing works. I am still using the old goldtree.exe, it is the only one that is available as an normal exe file.

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is this available as a non java version? I am asking because I had always trouble to run java applications. I tired OpenJDK and the original Oracle one, nothing works. I am still using the old goldtree.exe, it is the only one that is available as an normal exe file.

No. For this java application only java's version available.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here:

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

NS-USBloader v4.0

Changelog:
  • Full command line interface support for people who don't have GUI (issue #50). Click to read more
  • Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation by @almircanella. Thank you!
  • Refactored Tinfoil/Awoo NET related code. Installations should work faster now.
  • Update icon for 'Games' tab ;)
  • 'Allow XCI / NSZ / XCZ files selection for Tinfoil' settings option enabled by-default for new installations.
  • GoldLeaf version should be set in options: v0.8 selected by-default. No more discouraging 'Use old GoldLeaf version' checkboxes.
  • A lot of code polishing

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

NS-USBloader v4.1

Changelog:
  • Add RCM-payload tool support for Raspberry Pi. Built and tested on 'Raspberry Pi 3 Model B'.
Notes: For using this application in GUI you have to install 'openjfx' package. For using it in CLI-mode the only requirement is 'default-jdk'. (Package names listed here and in readme file are valid for 'Raspberry Pi OS'.) And thanks to @dreamfalcon ;)

Last edited by developer_su,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What could be the reason for extreme fluctuations in the transfer rate, which could also lead to the failure of an installation (under Windows)?

Last edited by Muxi,

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Few minor things..

NS-USBloader v4.2

Changelog:

• Add Czech Translation by @spenaat. Thank you!
  • Add Traditional Chinese translation by @qazrfv1234. Thank you!
  • Minor corrections: language drop-down selector in settings now showing language names (and locale) instead of three-letter abbreviations; preferences option name changed (back end).

Bonobhoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone help a noob,

I have just installed Awoo,im trying to intall files over USB,so i downloaded the USB installer,but how to i get it to run? When i double click the exe file it asks " how do you want to install this .jar file" then i have to select options,like Winrar/winzip.

So whats the default app i run it as?

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
anyone help a noob,

I have just installed Awoo,im trying to intall files over USB,so i downloaded the USB installer,but how to i get it to run? When i double click the exe file it asks " how do you want to install this .jar file" then i have to select options,like Winrar/winzip.

So whats the default app i run it as?

Just follow this guide: https://github.com/developersu/ns-usbloader#windows

Bonobhoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ye i followed that guide,but when i double click the exe,the program looks as if it starts but crashes,almost instantly.

When i right click the exe,what default program should i choose to run it? It says open with wordpad,notepad,winrar etc.....which is wrong

Is it supposed to open with java?

Last edited by Bonobhoy,

livinitwarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you add a way to do a file browser, so add additional files to the SD Card via MTP, other than just installing files? That'd be fantastic (like adding mod files, etc), as well as USB Drive install?

Reactions: almmiron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn