Homebrew RELEASE NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLeaf USB installer

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I meant it I already have the game installed and a new update comes out. With gold leaf it says title already installed and I have to delete the whole game and install it again with the new update

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I meant it I already have the game installed and a new update comes out. With gold leaf it says title already installed and I have to delete the whole game and install it again with the new update
Gotcha, so what you're saying is when new updates come out or you simply download an update and want to apply it without the program giving you hell? Then this should be perfect.

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No trouble! If you run into issues try using tinfoil. If you still have issues for some reason I'll send a link to an old version of to foil that works great.

Can I get that link for the tinfoil? I keep getting errors sometimes with gold leaf that seem random

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
great tool. installed for me at 40MBps. damn fast.

EDIT: I bought a microsd card 128gb, and plan to install nsp on it. I've heard that is better use fat32. I will have do drop this tool, split the nsp wiht python method, write the splitted files to sd, and then install them (sd itself)?

Last edited by almmiron,
Reactions: developer_su

bcoleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only USB Loader I use but I have to be honest, it's absolutely infuriating. You have to be so exact with what you do or else you'll get the most random of errors. But sometimes even that won't help. For example, you can't have more than 10 NSP's in the NS-USBLoader PC Client or you'll get an error. If you do get an error, you can't just back out of it, you have to unplug the usb from your switch THEN back out. If you back out FIRST, your whole switch needs to restart. But the biggest one is that sometimes an update file will say, "you already installed this file" and it won't install no matter what. There's no way to override this which is insane because in every other app it just installs over it. If it did that here instead of saying I've already installed it, I could at least update the game without having to delete the entire thing first...idk if it's a goldleaf or ns-usbloader problem but it kills me.

CameronCataclysm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I bought a microsd card 128gb, and plan to install nsp on it. I've heard that is better use fat32. I will have do drop this tool, split the nsp wiht python method, write the splitted files to sd, and then install them (sd itself)?
No sir, run the tool and select the NSPs from your computer, no splitting required! And yes even still fat32 is recommended.

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine caps at about 18 mbps. Not slow by any means but does anyone know how these guys are getting 40 or more Mbps? My computer has usb 3.0, I'm using usb c to usb c. Have plenty of ram, new gen I7. I don't get why mine is so much slower than some reports

natanqb

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I have the same doubt, did you find the answer?

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mine caps at about 18 mbps. Not slow by any means but does anyone know how these guys are getting 40 or more Mbps? My computer has usb 3.0, I'm using usb c to usb c. Have plenty of ram, new gen I7. I don't get why mine is so much slower than some reports
I had the same issue, but I remembered that I used to get around 30MB before, so I was wondering what went wrong.

The answer is Goldleaf 0.5. For some reason, using that 0.5 version of Goldleaf will cap your write speed at USB 2.0 level, though if you use Tinfoil (the one linked above by developer_su) or Goldleaf 0.3 (via Goldtree 0.4), then you will get around 30MB or more, depends on your USB cable / microSD write speed.

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue, but I remembered that I used to get around 30MB before, so I was wondering what went wrong.

The answer is Goldleaf 0.5. For some reason, using that 0.5 version of Goldleaf will cap your write speed at USB 2.0 level, though if you use Tinfoil (the one linked above by developer_su) or Goldleaf 0.3 (via Goldtree 0.4), then you will get around 30MB or more, depends on your USB cable / microSD write speed.

Tinfoil says it doesn't work on Kosmos CFW. Is there an alternative? Is goldleaf 0.3 stable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over