RELEASE NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLead USB installer

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by developer_su, Mar 11, 2019.

1. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Can I install updates with this without deleting the game like gold leaf?

2. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    As far as i know, no. I have installed countless updates with it. When selecting nsps make sure to select the main game + any updates/DLC. Should work great.

uzimakiuchiha likes this.
  3. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks but I meant it I already have the game installed and a new update comes out. With gold leaf it says title already installed and I have to delete the whole game and install it again with the new update

4. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    Gotcha, so what you're saying is when new updates come out or you simply download an update and want to apply it without the program giving you hell? Then this should be perfect.

5. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks so much!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

6. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    No trouble! If you run into issues try using tinfoil. If you still have issues for some reason I'll send a link to an old version of to foil that works great.

developer_su and uzimakiuchiha like this.
  7. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Can I get that link for the tinfoil? I keep getting errors sometimes with gold leaf that seem random

8. developer_su
    OP

developer_su Developer

pip Developer
    Feb 18, 2019
    Russia
    TerpToke and uzimakiuchiha like this.
  9. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Thanks again!

developer_su likes this.
  10. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2012
    Brazil
    great tool. installed for me at 40MBps. damn fast.

EDIT: I bought a microsd card 128gb, and plan to install nsp on it. I've heard that is better use fat32. I will have do drop this tool, split the nsp wiht python method, write the splitted files to sd, and then install them (sd itself)?

Last edited by almmiron, May 10, 2019
    developer_su likes this.
  11. bcoleman

bcoleman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2019
    United States
    This is the only USB Loader I use but I have to be honest, it's absolutely infuriating. You have to be so exact with what you do or else you'll get the most random of errors. But sometimes even that won't help. For example, you can't have more than 10 NSP's in the NS-USBLoader PC Client or you'll get an error. If you do get an error, you can't just back out of it, you have to unplug the usb from your switch THEN back out. If you back out FIRST, your whole switch needs to restart. But the biggest one is that sometimes an update file will say, "you already installed this file" and it won't install no matter what. There's no way to override this which is insane because in every other app it just installs over it. If it did that here instead of saying I've already installed it, I could at least update the game without having to delete the entire thing first...idk if it's a goldleaf or ns-usbloader problem but it kills me.

12. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    That's a goldleaf issue. Solved by putting the update file on your SD card and installing it in goldleaf from there instead

bcoleman and TerpToke like this.
  13. TerpToke

TerpToke GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    Ohigho
    No sir, run the tool and select the NSPs from your computer, no splitting required! And yes even still fat32 is recommended.

14. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Mine caps at about 18 mbps. Not slow by any means but does anyone know how these guys are getting 40 or more Mbps? My computer has usb 3.0, I'm using usb c to usb c. Have plenty of ram, new gen I7. I don't get why mine is so much slower than some reports

15. natanqb

natanqb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I have the same doubt, did you find the answer?

16. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    installing over usb bypasses the fat32 size limit.

TerpToke likes this.
  17. Wiki'd

Wiki'd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    Malaysia
    I had the same issue, but I remembered that I used to get around 30MB before, so I was wondering what went wrong.

The answer is Goldleaf 0.5. For some reason, using that 0.5 version of Goldleaf will cap your write speed at USB 2.0 level, though if you use Tinfoil (the one linked above by developer_su) or Goldleaf 0.3 (via Goldtree 0.4), then you will get around 30MB or more, depends on your USB cable / microSD write speed.

18. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Tinfoil says it doesn't work on Kosmos CFW. Is there an alternative? Is goldleaf 0.3 stable?

19. Philliyxx

Philliyxx GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2018
    United States
  20. uzimakiuchiha

May 17, 2009
    United States
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted