Homebrew RELEASE NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLeaf USB installer

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem using it with Tinfoil 0.2.1 network installation (blawar recompiled for 9.0). The .nsp files are installed correctly, but the program does not stop. Tinfoil closes regularly, but Ns-Usbloader still transmitting to the Switch (with the bar below that goes back and forth), and next to the file it writes "unknown". I have to exit with the "interrupt" button.

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Rumour has it that game updates are gonna start appearing in this format, so that would likely be very useful if you were interested in doing it.
Ok, thank you for information! Will think about it when it start appearing, it's just not interesting to me now.
I have a problem using it with Tinfoil 0.2.1 network installation (blawar recompiled for 9.0). The .nsp files are installed correctly, but the program does not stop. Tinfoil closes regularly, but Ns-Usbloader still transmitting to the Switch (with the bar below that goes back and forth), and next to the file it writes "unknown". I have to exit with the "interrupt" button.
Well, it's expected.
Why when 'NET' once started it never ends?

Because there is HTTP server inside of application. It can't determine the moment when all transmissions finishes (unless they failed). So you have to look on your NS screen and 'Interrupt' it once done.

Also there is no chance to determine if file has been transferred or not.

Reactions: hippy dave

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, thank you for information! Will think about it when it start appearing, it's just not interesting to me now.

Well, it's expected.
Why when 'NET' once started it never ends?

Because there is HTTP server inside of application. It can't determine the moment when all transmissions finishes (unless they failed). So you have to look on your NS screen and 'Interrupt' it once done.

Also there is no chance to determine if file has been transferred or not.

Thanks, but with "fluffy" works well, when the tinfoil finished the installation of the nsp, it can determinate the stop of all transmission. I don't have to interrupt anything. it stops by itself

Reactions: developer_su

Fystrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
I cant' start your application with jre-8u231-windows-x64 on windows 10 other application like quark work great.
Any idea ?
Thx

Edit : Same issues with ns-usbloader-0.8.1-win10.jar or ns-usbloader-0.8.1.jar

Exception in Application start method
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javafx.fxml.LoadException:
file:/D:/xxxxx/xxx/xxxx/xx/ns-usloader/0.8.1/ns-usbloader-0.8.1-win10.jar!/SettingsTab.fxml
file:/D:/xxxxx/xxx/xxxx/xx/ns-usloader/0.8.1/ns-usbloader-0.8.1-win10.jar!/NSLMain.fxml:31

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.constructLoadException(FXMLLoader.java:2601)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2579)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.access$2700(FXMLLoader.java:103)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$IncludeElement.constructValue(FXMLLoader.java:1143)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ValueElement.processStartElement(FXMLLoader.java:746)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.processStartElement(FXMLLoader.java:2707)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2527)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2441)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.load(FXMLLoader.java:2409)
at nsusbloader.NSLMain.start(NSLMain.java:24)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$4(WinApplication.java:186)
... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at nsusbloader.Controllers.SettingsController.initialize(SettingsController.java:232)
at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.loadImpl(FXMLLoader.java:2548)
... 18 more

Edit 2 : Solved by remove the + on my folder name

Last edited by Fystrack,
Reactions: developer_su

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Support for nsz?
Done for DBI.

EDIT: Ok, to clarify this. As I see, converting XCI/NSZ/XCZ to NSP requires switch-keys. Writing code that could do it on the fly is possible, but it's like a walking on the thin ice. I mean, I don't know how legal it is (I'm not talking about key-set distribution, it's all about the code that uses it). Of course you could say that there is a lot of software like various converters already written, but the developers of such software are living in various countries with different law-system. Anyway, right now my position is next: if the home-brew installer you use supports NSZ, I can add a check-box to allow you select NSZ/XCI/whatever else as well as NSP. So the phrase 'Done for DBI' here is more about 'Done (will be done) by developer(s) of DBI' and I only allow you to select files of noted format.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NS-USBloader v0.9 release

Changelog:
  • Split-files support (for all supported home-brew applications)

• Bug fixes: application won't fail to start in case application saved in folder that has '+' character in name.

• Many minor UI updates

Last edited by developer_su,

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
with ogtinfoil 3.0 and nsz, works well, the issue are the update and dlc of the games, but is a issue of ogtinfoil. Ns Usbloader works!

Reactions: ucef

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I got some issues with the new version, 0.9 works fine with goldleaf 0.7.3 but when the installation is finished, the status says '' unknown'' while in the previous versions it said' 'success' '

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_145745.jpg
    IMG_20191207_145745.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 235

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I got some issues with the new version, 0.9 works fine with goldleaf 0.7.3 but when the installation is finished, the status says '' unknown'' while in the previous versions it said' 'success' '

Yeah, there is a mess with that statuses %)

NS-USBloader v0.9.1 release

Changelog:
  • Settings tab: elements reorder.

• Bugfix in Tinfoil net-stack: in case of 404 condition you will see appropriate reply in homebrew instead of stuck UI.

• Bugfix in Tinfoil usb-stack: Now it won't ruin the data and thus your installation if there are no request from NS side for a while.
    (Really rare bug. Many thanks to developers/contributors of 'Awoo Installer': Huntereb and HookedBehemoth for detailed report!)

• Minor updates in Tinfoil logs.

D

Deleted User

Not sure if it's an issue with NS-USBloader or Awoo but have trouble installing all the files for DAEMONxMACHINA as I can't add them all to Awoo from NS-USBloader, is there a limit on how many files can be added?

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ok, I tested it with 100-nsz files and it doesn't work. It ruins on early beginning. I mean, it doesn't crash the whole atmosphere for me. Even Awoo continue working (not installing files).
Not sure that I can fix that. Maybe there is a problem in Awoo, but I think it's something in libnx. I remember that I saw something like that in original Tinfoil.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It is defeinetly on awoo side. I wrote detailed description in that thread. It can lose part of stream if read not block aligned amount of data. It is a nintendo's postbufferasync specific behaviour.

Last edited by duckbill007,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done for DBI.

EDIT: Ok, to clarify this. As I see, converting XCI/NSZ/XCZ to NSP requires switch-keys. Writing code that could do it on the fly is possible, but it's like a walking on the thin ice. I mean, I don't know how legal it is (I'm not talking about key-set distribution, it's all about the code that uses it). Of course you could say that there is a lot of software like various converters already written, but the developers of such software are living in various countries with different law-system. Anyway, right now my position is next: if the home-brew installer you use supports NSZ, I can add a check-box to allow you select NSZ/XCI/whatever else as well as NSP. So the phrase 'Done for DBI' here is more about 'Done (will be done) by developer(s) of DBI' and I only allow you to select files of noted format.

NS-USBloader v0.9 release

Changelog:
  • Split-files support (for all supported home-brew applications)

• Bug fixes: application won't fail to start in case application saved in folder that has '+' character in name.

• Many minor UI updates

I missed this before, but you are incorrect, NSZ does not require any switch keys to decompress / install, only to create NSZ files which installers do not do.

developer_su

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I missed this before, but you are incorrect, NSZ does not require any switch keys to decompress / install, only to create NSZ files which installers do not do.

Oh, thank you! I didn't know that.

It is defeinetly on awoo side. I wrote detailed description in that thread. It can lose part of stream if read not block aligned amount of data. It is a nintendo's postbufferasync specific behaviour.

Ok =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: