Homebrew RELEASE Nro2Nsp Retroarch Rom/Nro Forwarders!

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Heres some covers that ive been working on. there in the style of arcade archives. Hope you dont mind me posting it here, i wont post anymore.

Attachments

• ARCADE.rar
    735.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DREAMCAST.rar
    414.9 KB · Views: 163
  • GBA.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • MD.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
  • N64.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • NES.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • PCE-CD.rar
    287.6 KB · Views: 163
  • PS1.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 168
  • PSP.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
  • SNES.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 175
  • TEMPLATES NO TITLES.rar
    70.1 KB · Views: 168
  • TEMPLATES.rar
    149.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by kevinbrew,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I launch a NSP created with this tool I get the error message "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu.", does someone have any idea what is the problem ? I have no problem launching homebrews via custom nsps that I downloaded (like goldleaf or hbmenu). I type the path with this format "/switch/nxmtp.nro". I also tried the Romfs option to include the nro within the nsp, with different nros, same error. And I get this error after having the time to see the logo and the gif animation.

Also I don't know if it's related but when I try to import the data from an nro I get the following error with Nro2Nsp :
"the file 'C:\user\****\Nro2Nsp\temp\Extract\Control.nacp' cannot be found". When I close it it repops 6 times, after that I get a general .Net error "an unknown exception happened in your application,etc." with the option to either continue or close the software, with the following details :
System.ArgumentException: The parameter is invalid.
at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.PerformAutoUpdates(Boolean tabbedInto)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited by LeMageFro,

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch a NSP created with this tool I get the error message "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu.", does someone have any idea what is the problem ? I have no problem launching homebrews via custom nsps that I downloaded (like goldleaf or hbmenu). I type the path with this format "/switch/nxmtp.nro". I also tried the Romfs option to include the nro within the nsp, with different nros, same error. And I get this error after having the time to see the logo and the gif animation.

Also I don't know if it's related but when I try to import the data from an nro I get the following error with Nro2Nsp :
"the file 'C:\user\****\Nro2Nsp\temp\Extract\Control.nacp' cannot be found". When I close it it repops 6 times, after that I get a general .Net error "an unknown exception happened in your application,etc." with the option to either continue or close the software, with the following details :
at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm also getting the "Unable to start software." error with 3.3.5 Beta 2. I dropped to 3.3.4 and that seems to work.

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also getting the "Unable to start software." error with 3.3.5 Beta 2. I dropped to 3.3.4 and that seems to work.
So it worked on 3.3.4 but not 3.3.5?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it worked on 3.3.4 but not 3.3.5?
Not for me, both versions gave the same error. I tried to install the latest patches for Kosmos and it didn't help either. I think I'll try using hackbrewpack directly and see if I can make a working nsp with it.

Also now when I try to go back to version 3.3.4 when I hit "compile" I get the error : "impossible to translate some or all the identity references. File copying failed, make sure the file missing is in the "Resources" next to the application." so I can't use this version anymore (using 3.3.5 beta works fine). I also realized that despite erasing everything from my Nro2Nsp folder and from the one located in /user, when I extract the software and launch it again all my custom configuration is kept, where is the config file ?

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for me, both versions gave the same error. I tried to install the latest patches for Kosmos and it didn't help either. I think I'll try using hackbrewpack directly and see if I can make a working nsp with it.

Also now when I try to go back to version 3.3.4 when I hit "compile" I get the error : "impossible to translate some or all the identity references. File copying failed, make sure the file missing is in the "Resources" next to the application." so I can't use this version anymore (using 3.3.5 beta works fine). I also realized that despite erasing everything from my Nro2Nsp folder and from the one located in /user, when I extract the software and launch it again all my custom configuration is kept, where is the config file ?
You need acid patches for these to work. Hekate doesn’t support them out of the box for some reason, I think v5 changed how they are loaded so you’ll have to figure out how to get acid patches on hekate v5 or use sxos or reinx.
Version 3.3.4 did have a bug for some user that causes some copying issues.

Last edited by re.lax,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need acid patches for these to work. Hekate doesn’t support them out of the box for some reason, I think v5 changed how they are loaded so you’ll have to figure out how to get acid patches on hekate v5 or use sxos or reinx.
Version 3.3.4 did have a bug for some user that causes some copying issues.
I really don't think it's a problem with hekate not applying the acid patches since I installed a nsp from this thread, created with nro2nsp apparently, and it works just fine. So I assume the patches linked on the page of the Kosmos bundle work properly, it's the nsp I create from my computer that doesn't. I'll try using v3.3.3. Thanks for the help anyway. I'm on the discord too (same username, if your username there is Mtx we talked last thursday) so you can answer me there if it's more convenient for you.

Edit : After talking with re.lax and Liam on discord and trying out different nsps they figured out that it's a permission issue, it should be fixed in a future version, for now 3.3.3 works for me.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nro2Nsp 3.3.5 Beta 3 Is out and is recommended to Update or use 3.3.3

- Special thanks to Liam and LeMageFro for testing and vast knowleadge
- Added warning about romfs compatibility
- Fixed "Keyfile" missing error
- Fixed Nro data import repeating error messages
- Updated hacpackbrew
- Updated Nstool (requires visual studio C++ 2015)
- Appears to have fixed could not start software error
- Removed savedata allocation
- Added gif size warning message if greater than 60kb
- Added UnquailifiedApproval flag in ndpm (Thanks Liam)
- Fixed KernalPermisson

Download

Reactions: LeMageFro

reflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

i just wanted to tell you that it is also possible to create forwarders with this tool that redirect to the standalone PPSSPP nro. Simply tick the retroarch option but manually enter the PPSSPP.nro location and (obviously) in the second field enter the rom path.

Thanks for that awesome tool btw :-)

Reactions: LeMageFro

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

i just wanted to tell you that it is also possible to create forwarders with this tool that redirect to the standalone PPSSPP nro. Simply tick the retroarch option but manually enter the PPSSPP.nro location and (obviously) in the second field enter the rom path.

Thanks for that awesome tool btw :-)

That’s great information to know, thanks for letting us know!

Anybody got the nsp to the App Store they can link me too please. Thanks!!!
Easy to make one, give it a try

Reactions: reflash
D

Deleted User

I used this to build a retroarch forwarder but I can't exit retroarch from within the app it just keeps relaunching itself is this normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-