Now what?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by An00bis, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009

Now what? by An00bis at 4:15 AM (887 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    Okay, so I managed after almost 3 hours of frustration to install 3.2U. But... I don't think it helped. I then went on to install a cIOS (the one with the rainbow background, 1.7). Then I succesfully installed cIOS_Fix.WAD

But this hasn't fixed my problem. Wad manager v1.3 still gives me a ret=-1 error when I try to install any VC game (I've tried many different sources).

Before I installed cios_fix.wad, it said ret=-1022 error. now it's -1
    I'd really prefer no errors T_T

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would try copying everything off the sd card and reformatting it and trying again

3. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    did you run the ios downgrader or trucha bug restorer?

if you did, install cios38 rev 13b

4. An00bis
    OP

Newcomer An00bis Advanced Member

United States
    Erm, what? I don't know I used AnyRegionChanger or something like that to switch to 3.2U, then I installed ios36rev10. You're telling me I need to install YET ANOTHER ios thingy?

5. $uPeRJjS&#0

Member $uPeRJjS&#0 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    This might get off-topic but.....

I heared rev13b has alot of bugs.... is that true?

6. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

Its true

and to the original poster.If you dont have any clue what your doing or what a program does dont install it.Nobody wants to see a post from you about you bricking your wii.

7. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    cios-fix.wad isn't something you install AFTER getting a normal cIOS installer working. You install it first just to have something basic in IOS249 that will allow you to run a normal cIOS installer like rev13 using IOS249 to install itself over IOS249, but since rev13 allows you to choose an IOS to use to install itself to IOS249 cios_fix.wad is never needed in the process anywhere and you can just use whatever IOS you used to install the wad to install rev13.

First off run the rev13 (preferably 13a over b) installer to get a functional IOS on your system, then put your files on your sd card properly. error -1 means things aren't in the right place. Also Wad Manager 1.4 would be a more recent one to use that lets you choose what IOS to use (use 249 all the time if you have it.)

And as the person above said, don't do anything on your Wii if you don't know everything about what it is actually doing. You WILL brick your Wii. If you install a bad wad of a vc game or whatever other channel you want you could possibly get a banner brick from doing so and if you don't have preloader or bootmii you're pretty much screwed.