Hacking Now that we have vitarw does anyone know how to get access to debug settings on retail vita 3.60?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It would be absolutely useless as, IIRC, debug firmware relies on hardware that isn't present in retail Vita's, it most likely wouldn't load at all unless it was heavily modified somehow to do so.

IDU mode is about as close as we can get right now, which adds in some neato functionality and allows us to run the Package Installer again. Voxel has a thread about IDU mode here if you want to see what it all does: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps-vita-idu-mode-everything-you-need-to-know.438482/

Reactions: Deleted User

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice to use the mini qa settings. all were missing is a .RCO file for it from what ive read.

D

Deleted User

it would be nice to use the mini qa settings. all were missing is a .RCO file for it from what ive read.
It's not debug_settings.rco, by any chance is it?
I think Mini Settings uses the RCO files from the actual Settings app's location (which contains debug_settings.rco), and I would've imagined that the suppliers of the Mini Settings VPK, which is already floating around on the net, would've already supplied the appropriate RCOs for the app as well, if it was missing any still.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Wait so the debug settings and the mini settings are tied to each other?
Mini Settings comprises of just PSN settings and Debug Settings. The normal Settings app (in a devkit sense) would contain all of the other settings, including the Debug Settings still.

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be absolutely useless as, IIRC, debug firmware relies on hardware that isn't present in retail Vita's, it most likely wouldn't load at all unless it was heavily modified somehow to do so.

IDU mode is about as close as we can get right now, which adds in some neato functionality and allows us to run the Package Installer again. Voxel has a thread about IDU mode here if you want to see what it all does: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps-vita-idu-mode-everything-you-need-to-know.438482/

The option to enable debug is hidden on retail vitas http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=46260&start=30#p407859.

Edit: yes it can be done

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am searching for the .rco but I don't think Google is going to be much help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: