Now that we got Dios Mios lite release

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Chronos1155, Aug 15, 2011.

Aug 15, 2011
  1. Chronos1155
    OP

Newcomer Chronos1155 Member

United States
    What is the general consensus on the best compatibility for GameCube games. I am currently using NeoGamma but then there is also Swiss and now Dios-Mios lite. Out of the three which one has the best compatibility and also convience.

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    • WODE can play all GC-Games from an external HD, without any problems (besides Audio-Streaming Games, but all other also have problems with those). It's a bit expensive, but giving you probably "safe" more money from pirating games, it should be worth it [​IMG].
    • NeoGamma should have the 2nd best compatibility, and not as many bugs and problems as the other ones. But your Wii needs to have a DVD-Compatible Drive (which you seem to have), and you need to burn your games.
    • SWISS (3rd best) should be a bit better than DIOS MIOS Lite, according to some people. Dunno myself. You need an SD-Gecko for it, and an SD-Card.
    • DIOS MIOS Lite (the worst) can't even work for some people, won't recieve Updates anymore, and doesn't seem to have a better compatiblity than the other ones. Also SNEEK itself (which you'll need for DIOS MIOS Lite) is a bit buggy, and also won't recieve updates anymore. Though, like SWISS, you don't need to burn your games anymore, you only need an SD-Card and it should work on any Wii.

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I wish WODE used button fasteners instead of velcro, or a fly zipper perhaps

Straps and buckles perhaps ?

4. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    I love my Wode for GC games from HDD [​IMG]

Took me 2 days to get all my GC disc ripped to HDD, but now i can put those away and play all from HDD without problem, works great
    I just wish it was easier to operate instead of using the tiny lcd screen and crap button on the wode stand for GC games.

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    /Off-Topic Uhm, why not use WODEFlow (WiiFlow for WODE)? They even want to officially include it with the next release of WiiFlow, all in one .dol.

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    As far as i know WodeFlow only supports Wii games, not GC games

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I believe it does work with GameCube Games.
    At least I've seen some people using it for GC games.

8. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Good list. But you are leaving out good modchips. I don't like modchips, but a good one is the best solution here. 100% compatiblity and the only way to get audio streaming.