Now that transferring is made possible i'd like to ask: Is it possible to remove vwii softmod?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jaouad, Jul 23, 2014.

1. jaouad
    OP

jaouad GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    So guys I want to buy a new wii u because of reasons, and transfer all my stuff. Either I could try out to transfer the softmodded wii u to the new wii u and just see what happens, but I obviously cant take that risk.

So basically is there a way to virginize a softmodded vwii already?

2. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    vWii IOS/cIOS are not transferred.
    If you have unsignded content installed on your source vWii chances are this content will not work on your new vWii.
    in either case the source vWii will not be virginized.
    The vWii on your new console will stay virgin untill you hack it via known exploits.

So I guess the answer to your question is, "no".
    Though you could reverse the inital hacking process by uninstalling cIOS and homebrew channel.
    This will however not "virginize" your vWii as install logs will not be removed.

3. jaouad
    OP

jaouad GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    Thats great news. All I want to do is transfer all the save files mainly from vwii. Ill sell my wii u as a softmoddd wiiu. Wonder if that will increase or devalue the console. anyway time fore to search for a new wiiu. Or perhaps wait for the invitable limited edition?

4. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014

It depends, will you lie and say that is a successfully modded vwii? or will you flat out lie to get it sold? You crapped your vwii, at least you could be honest and inform a future buyer of that fact.

5. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    That is his problem.
    Please edit your post with kinder words.

Source
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-system-software-update-5-1-0-is-live.369050/#post-5052732
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-system-software-update-5-1-0-is-live.369050/page-2#post-5052994

6. jaouad
    OP

jaouad GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    So I finally bought a new wii u. Found a good deal on the mario kart 8 bundle. Will share results with the softmodded vwii > new wii u transfer

I wont lie brah. The wii u has been softmodded from first week and has been functional excellently without problems. It is not "crapped". I'm gonna sell it as a softmodded wii u, and if that doesnt attract people, I may have to compromise on value. So maybe 200 euro or below. The wii u is btw well treaten, no scratches anywhere neither on the gamepad so i'll see how it ends.