Now that the perfect way of playing ps1 games on vita has been released...

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ShroomKing, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ShroomKing
    OP

ShroomKing GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    another Planet
    Adrenaline-3 is out with full psx2psp games support (with sound and full speed).

I've been using retroarch so far, and now i want to use my save games from retroarch in adrenaline.

I know how to convert the ps1 memory card (.mcr) to a psx2psp memory card(.VMP),
    but it seems that the game will not boot when doing so (sony security system or something? it works fine on my old psp).

The only way i found yet is using cwcheat to import the psx memory card. but it will only work with games that can load from memory card 2.

Thanks to anyone in advance, and i bet im not the only one who wants to use the retroarch ps1 memory cards with adrenaline.

Last edited by ShroomKing, May 6, 2017
    CatmanFan likes this.
  2. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    noun; a particular place or position.
    I'm curious to know why exactly ePSP PS1 support is so highly sought after? I mean, the Vita is capable of playing PS1 Classics just fine (I'm assuming through a PSP emulator of its own what with contracts not including the Vita but still), plus you get a second stick.

Unless this somehow allows us to package PS1 games to run on the ePSP or improves retroarch's PS1 emulator.

3. Celediel

Celediel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Tacoma, WA
    That's exactly what it does.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I dunno about save states, but you should be able to convert memory card saves from any emulator to the psx emulator. If i remember correctly, ps3 can convert memory card saves to psp, or maybe a save tool on pc can? http://www.aldostools.org/memmanager.html

ShroomKing likes this.
  5. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Can someone be kind enough to test CDDA titles like Tomb Raider 1 & 2 and test that the music plays okay and finding secrets in Tomb Raider 1 has the audible sound please?

6. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    Sounds good. How does one go about this? (inb4 google it)

7. Celediel

Celediel Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    Tacoma, WA
    Same way it was done back in the PSP days (if you were a part of that). Dump or "obtain" your PSX game, and use a POPStation GUI to convert the games to PBP format, I recommend ZiNgA BuRgA's Simple Popstation GUI to do so, and copy the resulting files to ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/[title]/

emuashui and Pandaxclone2 like this.
  8. Pandaxclone2

Aug 17, 2015
    Australia
    I never was and quite frankly the PSP scene is quite disorganised, hence why I asked. Much thanks. :grog:

MKKhanzo likes this.
  9. ShroomKing
    OP

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    another Planet
    im talking about memory card saves here not save states

i know a tool on pc that does convert memory cards ps1 to psp.

i just dont know where to get the ps1 memory card save from (as retroarch uses its own format)
    im gonna try the tool you linked and see if it can do something with the retroarch format.

Last edited by ShroomKing, Apr 16, 2017
  10. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I remember using IceTea.

ShroomKing likes this.
  11. ShroomKing
    OP

Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    another Planet
    i think i can do that later, every game i tested so far runs great tho so i dont know why tomb raider wouldnt

retrofan_k likes this.
  12. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    Because it's (as far as i've noticed) flawless. I've been replaying tomba 2 all day and having a blast. I could've replayed it a variety of ways but this is the most enjoyable way i find. And it has right stick and touchscreen support too.

Edit: Some games don't run. For now just resident evil 2.

Last edited by dimmidice, Apr 16, 2017
    MKKhanzo, Pandaxclone2 and ShroomKing like this.
  13. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    One reason i'm thinking is that people don't want to pay for ps1 games. The benefit of buying them though is that you can play them on a psp, ps vita, and a ps3.

The other reason is that not every ps1 game has a release on the ps store for any region. Say i wanted to play disney's tarzan on my ps vita. I can't through normal means because the ps store doesn't have it but thanks to henkaku and adrenaline, I can use a eboot.pbp version of the game and play it on the ps vita that way and with back rear touch panel support for l2/l3 r2/r3 ps vita grips.

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  14. MrOrbital

MrOrbital Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    I will use SCUS94351 (Wipeout XL) as an example.
    Rename SCUS94351.srm to scus_94351-0.mcr.
    Copy the file to a PSP and start the game. Use CWCheat and load the savefile. After that you can save the game on your PSP and then a standard PSP savefile is created.
    The process can be reversed. You can export an mcr-file with CWCheat and rename it to a srm-file.

15. Bonestorm

Bonestorm GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    if they had ps1 classics on ps4 with trophys i'd buy them...otherwise i feel no need to buy digital versions of games i already own physically

cvskid and ShroomKing like this.
  16. MDX_Golden

MDX_Golden GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    The only problem ive noticed with this is that it refuses to play certain games, like it freezes on games like Mortal Kombat Trilogy and Brave Fencer Musashi

MKKhanzo likes this.
  17. MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2013
    United States
    ^^This and those same games. I remember them having the same issues on PSP and had to change the Pops Loader thing. I asked on the Adrenaline thread if it can be set up.

18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I dunno much about retroarch and how it does things, but i do know epsxe as i had actually converted those memory cards to psp format, it should be possible to perhaps do the same with the tool i linked. You just have to find the directory where save data is from the emulator, then simply copy the folder with the save data and then maybe use the tool?

ShroomKing likes this.
  19. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    How are you doing this? I've found a converter for it but it keeps causing the game to not run anymore. Trying to inject a finished tomba save file to use with tomba 2.

Last edited by dimmidice, Apr 17, 2017
  20. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I remember Brave Fencer Musashi did not run on PSP if the folder of the eboot was named anything else but the game ID.