Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. It already has Homebrew Channel installed, but does the WAD Manager come with it automatically?
2. How do I apply IOS patches to games like Madworld to work on the Wii? My Wii is at 3.2U and I like it to stay that way.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
1. The Wad Manager is just another app that'd be on the SD card, it wouldn't be installed with the HBC itself. It's not much effort to put it on the SD and run it via Homebrew like you would any other app.

2. You can either make a copy of the game to DVD and remove the update partition, or more simply, install Preloader and skip update check.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Preloader --

Google or wiibrew.org

How does skip update work? I've explained this before... but here it goes agian...

Normal setup:
Insert disc... Wii asks 'hey, what's up disc?' disc 'Yo, not much... hey, I got an update partition, what SystemMenu you on?' Wii 'I'm on 3.2, what ya got for me?' disc 'I got 3.4, so you better update bitch!'

Update Skipper setup:
Insert disc... Wii asks 'hey, what's up disc?' disc 'Yo, not much... hey, I got an update partition, what SystemMenu you on?' Wii 'I'm on 3.2, what ya got for me?' disc 'I got 3.4, so you better update bitch!' PRELOADER from behind the door with a gun in the Wii's back 'hey, make him go away before your wife gets hurt!' Wii 'Oh, wait, that's right, I got 3.4 installed already, so, ummm, yea, you can go now'

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Preloader --

Google or wiibrew.org

How does skip update work? I've explained this before... but here it goes agian...

Normal setup:
Insert disc... Wii asks 'hey, what's up disc?' disc 'Yo, not much... hey, I got an update partition, what SystemMenu you on?' Wii 'I'm on 3.2, what ya got for me?' disc 'I got 3.4, so you better update bitch!'

Update Skipper setup:
Insert disc... Wii asks 'hey, what's up disc?' disc 'Yo, not much... hey, I got an update partition, what SystemMenu you on?' Wii 'I'm on 3.2, what ya got for me?' disc 'I got 3.4, so you better update bitch!' PRELOADER from behind the door with a gun in the Wii's back 'hey, make him go away before your wife gets hurt!' Wii 'Oh, wait, that's right, I got 3.4 installed already, so, ummm, yea, you can go now'

Haha, nice explanation, 100% accurate
wink.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found a Backup Launcher that makes games with Error 002 work. So, if I get that then I don't need to get the Preloader?

TheOnlyOneHeFear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
I found a Backup Launcher that makes games with Error 002 work. So, if I get that then I don't need to get the Preloader?

Preloader is for brick protection, you'll still need it to prevent out-of-region updates from running and bricking your Wii

Nirvana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Starfall also prevents disc updates on 3.2, but you will still need to update the IOS to prevent the Error 002.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nirvana said:
Well, Starfall also prevents disc updates on 3.2, but you will still need to update the IOS to prevent the Error 002.

But with Starfall, I can still use it for brick protection and need it to prevent out-of-region updates from running and bricking the Wii? Also should I install GeckoOS with it as well?

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, but in all reality preloader is the way to go. Starfall was a one off thing, a single release with no updates. Preloader is still updated, and is a damn fine utility. Why take the Kia Sophia when you can take the Mustang Cobra (I am not partial at all, /cough).

Here is a list of hacks for preloader

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Aww damn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    decided to add a background to my pfp
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, ask for the tossed salad Ken says it's amazing lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my salad airfried, not tossed, tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cheap $2 Xbox controller charger finally broke lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, how was the funeral?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sucks cause two of the battery packs won't fit in others
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Use USB
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone likes to universally suck butt that's a you thing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It was the 70's....we were just experimenting.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Battery packs should charge directly in controller shouldn't they
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you mean the rechargeable packs for Xbox controllers, yea they charge as you play them w USB plugged in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got a bunch of cheapo ones most held up just not the external charger for it lol
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    here's a random kid about to ask questions:
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    what would it be like to give birth?
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    like, if you were a sim and got abducted by aliens and then gave birth as a male
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No we can't prescribe antipsychotics this isn't teladoc
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I'm not asking for pills or something, just, what if a male gave birth.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I recommend you take pills
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    they accidentally give birth to their organs and die?
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @K3Nv2 it's just a question not I want to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Try pills
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Try pills