1. Shadowmoon25

OP Shadowmoon25 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it true that you have launch h-encore everytime you want to play? I just want to turn on my vita and play. Do I need to keep the WiFi on so I launch encore? Because if so that will be more struggle since I keep it off to preserve battery life.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No enso if you are on 3.67/3.68

3. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Nope.
    The Vita has incredible battery life in sleep mode. You can just leave it in sleep mode when you're not using it.

And even if you insist on turning it off instead of going into sleep, it only takes 15 seconds to go from the lock screen to HENkaku installed.

4. AndrewH

AndrewH Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Extremely quick, especially if you remove the trophy nag. I would actually rather have it this way, as I still have the option to boot into an unhacked OS if I like, where with enso, you would always only be hacked.

5. warheit

warheit Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    h-encore is 100% offline installation. If you are running above 3.65 and cannot enso, follow the guide and remove trophy lag and installing h-encore on boot only take 10 seconds tops.

6. Algester

Algester Member
    Newcomer

this is a speculation thread well wether or not there will be a proper fix is beyond the scope of current time I'll roughly give it at least 2 more years since Sony already nailed the Coffin on the Vita (but there are still active JP developers for the console)

7. Elephant-man

Elephant-man Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    only time will tell... ( close eyes while wind blows within my face)

8. Priestiality

Priestiality GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You'll have to be more specific. There already is enso for h-encore on 3.65. 3.67+ broke the bootrom exploit used to make enso work. It's entirely possible we could see enso for 3.67+, it just would require a new bootrom exploit to be found. I assume that will be flow's next step since he still has one 3.68 exploit in his pocket. However, it's unlikely it would be released right away if he finds it (assuming he hasn't already) since that's the type of thing you would want to have for end-of-life hacks, and we know the Vita is rapidly hitting that point, and will likely not see a OFW above 4.0.x if it even gets that high. I personally think we'll only see 3.69 and maybe 3.70 myself, before the Vita is done entirely.

aytug25 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Encore,