Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
ineedhelpbad said:
i dont know if it will work but have you tried a gc controller

edit: or taking the battery out to reset the time and date

Taking the battery out doesn't reset the date and time on the Wii. Also because of how Crediar programmed the April Fool's prank it loads before he calls his GameCube controller code. At least that’s my theory as using a GameCube controller never worked when I had the issue.
-FTen

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering it is a final version it's very unprofessional. What about Wii's you have done for people, on 1st April will it still come up even if you set it to autoboot to systemmenu? hmmm
frown.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
Considering it is a final version it's very unprofessional. What about Wii's you have done for people, on 1st April will it still come up even if you set it to autoboot to systemmenu? hmmm
frown.gif

Yea, I'd say it still will, since the preloader loads to load the system menu, any code in the preloader will run before the system menu can load.

As for people complaining: Don't use it, simple. Its provided as is, like all the documentation says with no express garuntees or warranty.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kedest said:
Well at least april 1st is over in Europe. So only a few more american topics and we're done
tongue.gif

the joke sure did the trick. it scared a lot of people.
dude... the month doesnt change depending on where you are on earth lmao

and can i just ask... if it's not april first then why does your wii come up with the joke in the first place...?

strange indeed, sorry if someone already said, i never bothered to read the whole of the first page.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
There is no need for Preloader for many people, installing BootMii as Boot2 is better for protection and system menu hacks are often not needed.

I bet that among all the people out there who where told by "guides" to install it, only 50% really need/use it

Saying "you need preloaded at all cost" is as stupid as saying "preloader is crap"

rrommel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For those, like me, who cannot install BootMii/boot2, Preloader can give some form of brick protection. I do wish I can install BootMii/boot2.
frown.gif

nbanyures

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mor13id said:
Leaving it on for 24hrs worked. Thanks for all your help, Ften.

i have discovered how to passed by this error i dont know if anyone had made it already but i do is

press and hold at the same time A+1+2

then select the system menu

it will boot in the wii dashboard then change the date i hope it helped!

Lord_Zycon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi All,

New Post April, 1st 2010

Darn I must be unlucky, bought a Wii for my Son's Birthday 30th March 2010, less than 2-days later I get:....

Now Repairing..............
DO NOT POWER OFF

And a 10-year old son in tears... Yeah really funny April Fool's joke! I thought a joke was suposed to be funny, don't see the humour in bricking a Wii, even if it is for 24-hours.

I have no idea what came 'pre-installed' on my Wii but I did take as many notes as I could when I first switched it on:

Nintendo WII
Model Number: RVL-001(KOR) - 40(8)
Serial Number: LKM10626xxx[3]
Ver. 4.0 U
IOS (Rev. 17)

1) DISC
2) Mii Channel
3) Wii Shop Channel
4) SoftChip R100 Music
5) NeoGamma 8 Channel - NeoGAmma R8 Final / IOS (Rev. 17)
6) The HomeBrew Channel - v1.0.06
7) Pirates - Game - Working
8) MadStone - Game
9) Big Kahuna Party
10) Wii USB Loader
11) Wii DVD SoftChip R99M
12) WiiConnect 24 = Internet Wii News

Oh and I have a SanDisk 1GB Micro-Sd / Adapter (spare from the kids Nintendo DS, when they upgraded to 2GB)

We switch the Wii off everynight, so the controllers are not synched and pressing 'A' does nothing except all the lights flash on the controller.

I'm new to all this which pre-installed program is cause me the grief, sorry "preloader" does not mean much to me, anyone got a name or web site link?

I repeat my Wii came pre-loaded with all this stuff so I would really appreciate some advise on what is junk and should be uninstalled and some pointers on how to do it. What should I uninstall, plus what do you recommend I install?

But the first and most important thing is how do I get my Wii working again?

Again, I totally new with the Wii but I'm pretty computer savy.

Help appreciated,

LZ

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all it doesn't brick anything, it just waits for A to be pressed!
2nd you're Wiimotes are not sync because you power off the Wii? I guess you never sync them correctly via the red buttons.
You can now either READ this thread or buy a new Wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse