Hacking Now I can't play some games (arm9loaderhax & AuReiNand)

Maximo22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone.

I was using rxTools without any problem since a few months ago, but yesterday I decided to install arm9loaderhax and AuReiNand following Plailect's guide. When I finished setting it up, everything felt awesome and normal, all the games I had installed in emuNAND were still there as I expected, a lot of them load and work as they should, but now when I try to open Super Smash Bros and any GBA game, they just won't start, the screen turns black as if they were going to load but the screen just remains black regardless of how much I wait.

I googled it but I can't seem to find any info or answers about that. The obvious would be that I'm overlooking something... but I don't know. Does anyone know what could I possibly do now?

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello everyone.

I was using rxTools without any problem since a few months ago, but yesterday I decided to install arm9loaderhax and AuReiNand following Plailect's guide. When I finished setting it up, everything felt awesome and normal, all the games I had installed in emuNAND were still there as I expected, a lot of them load and work as they should, but now when I try to open Super Smash Bros and any GBA game, they just won't start, the screen turns black as if they were going to load but the screen just remains black regardless of how much I wait.

I googled it but I can't seem to find any info or answers about that. The obvious would be that I'm overlooking something... but I don't know. Does anyone know what could I possibly do now?
I had the very same problem today and it was solved by installing a home menu patch.

Here's the link to my thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-aureinand-play-out-of-region-games.423217/

I really hope it can help in your case too.

EDIT: I was trying to play Sonic Lost World USA and it was giving me a black screen. Now it's okay.

Last edited by gaga941021,

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

what location do you have the arm9loaderhax.bin from aureinand and what do you have it named?

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have the latest aureinand on a9lh. The GBA games weren't working for me, and when I applied the patch myself, they worked fine.
As far as I know the "Play out of region games instantly" feature is also a basic thing for AuReiNand, but I had some problems with that myself. Interesting.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the very same problem today and it was solved by installing a home menu patch.

Here's the link to my thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-aureinand-play-out-of-region-games.423217/

I really hope it can help in your case too.

EDIT: I was trying to play Sonic Lost World USA and it was giving me a black screen. Now it's okay.

In order to get GBA and dsi games to work, you'll need the agb_firm patch. Follow this guide to get it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

Both incorrect the current versions of Aureinand has built in Region free and GBA patching as well as patching DSi mode to allow old DS flash card to work

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Both incorrect the current versions of Aureinand has built in Region free and GBA patching as well as patching DSi mode to allow old DS flash card to work
You say it's incorrect, because it should be a basic thing for AuReiNand. I see your point. But there may be some errors or bugs and the result of those thing are these faulty features. I guess.

Maximo22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to everyone!
Reading some of your answers made me think of the "arm9loaderhax.bin" I have in my SD. I remembered I replaced it early today with the one from BootAnim9, so I have just tried to delete it and use the .bin from the AuReiNand 5.0 I had in the first place... And now both Smash and GBA games work perfectly again, so the source of the problem now became kind of obvious.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone!
Reading some of your answers made me think of the "arm9loaderhax.bin" I have in my SD. I remembered I replaced it early today with the one from BootAnim9, so I have just tried to delete it and use the .bin from the AuReiNand 5.0 I had in the first place... And now both Smash and GBA games work perfectly again, so the source of the problem now became kind of obvious.
the main issue is u didnt read the wiki for aureinand. it tells you what you need to do if you dont have the bin file in the default location and default name

Reactions: astronautlevel

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks to everyone!
Damn. I feel stupid.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say it's incorrect, because it should be a basic thing for AuReiNand. I see your point. But there may be some errors or bugs and the result of those thing are these faulty features. I guess.

I say this because it works on ever system I have setup previously and updated to the new version.

People who have issues have patched files, partially swapped NANDS around or are using boot managers and did not patch the new arm9loader.bin location into the file

Maximo22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You're right, pbanj. I didn't know about that page you just shared and the problem I had here is right there, thanks and sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended