Hacking Noticed a few things updating to 1.6...

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just wanted to discuss/report this here incase akaio team need info back and to check with yourselves to see if anyone else noticed anything similar when they setup.
Edit: Just read through the original release thread and there are some similar reports on there now, so this is prob some little bug already confirmed. Reports there that some people found Akaio 1.6 created dup files when one is already in the directory. Not detecting the original file(s) and sometimes overwriting the original. Involved .sav/.SAV files
Everyone have a quote from a very helpful individual and always remember
logical thinker said:
Yes, it is related. You should not be messing with system files.
lecture.gif

Had some strange files (uppercase .BIN) created on 1st boot with 1.6 RC. They seemed able to co-exist with .bin (lowercase) versions of the same file and seemed to cause a few glitches at first when I was setting up.
A optionlistex file with uppercase .BIN got created when I first tried 1.6. I noticed checking my RPG afterwards from my pc and deleting one of the identical files deleted both (But akaio had allowed the two identical files to exist in same directory which is weird). I thought it was strange my original file wasn't detected, and was shi**ing bricks thinking my saves were gonna get wiped over. (only difference between the two files original was .bin and akaio created .BIN).

I noticed something else too (possibly related dunno..), my .nds settings were all reset at first (as far as save file types etc). I copied my previous optionlist.bin but neither it or new 1.6 RC savelist.bin seemed to have been recognised and the .sav sizes were all wrong. Anyone with problems recognising saves maybe check that the .sav size has not changed.

Could these things be related to the 8.3 filename issue (NintendoDS in akaio explorer shows NINTEN~1/ when I'm in the directory) or could this issue be with lower/uppercase file endings (etc .bin vs .BIN)?

I am using acekard RPG akaio 1.6 RC on clean install with no problems otherwise only big happiness feelings, btw thanks to everyone involved for another release! Loving the fixes, thanks.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think it may be normal, as Normatt itself said "the loading of roms was changed, and it now does more" - With that comment I also think these changes are normal.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kineticUK said:
I noticed something possibly related, that my .nds file properties were all reset (as far as save file types etc), I copied the optionlist.bin over from my previous install but it mustn't have been recognised. I manually setup the save types and now there is an optionlist file which seems to keep the settings now.
Incase anyone has problems recognising saves maybe check that the type has not changed.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kineticUK said:
Inside the loaders folder there are 2 loaders, should I use the loader thats in the .RAR or leave it as is? I wondered as the two files are different.
As the one in the archive has a date of 31/01/2010, use the default one. It's smaller in size than the archived one though.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks tk_saturn.
logical thinker said:
Elaborate...actually don't, that one liner sounded about as helpful as a gunshot wound. Good stuff preach on.

Incase my language skills failed me, I just switched from 1.5.1 to 1.6 RC, wasn't "messing" with system files but maybe I made a mistake SHOCK HORROR!!!! and copied optionlist.bin from my 1.5.1 when I shouldn't have.

I was only trying to do the right thing.
Copied my savelistex.bin from my 1.5.1 install and noticed a duplicate savelistex.BIN file was created by akaio during the 1st boot instead of my file being recognised. Windows explorer when I checked showed my savelistex.bin and new savelistex.BIN in the _aio directory after 1st boot of 1.6 RC. I then deleted both put my original back and thankfully it worked second time and was recognised.

Could be nothing, could be my error but thought incase its best to report as its RC. Hope I have explained everything clear enough.

Thank you.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I saw that the rar files were a error actually, and were not meant to be included - and in next RC2 they will not be included...

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks mate, yeah I heard just something that was left in by mistake when the akaio team was preparing the release. Sorted now that I know, I was thinking the .RAR was a larger file and was unsure whether I should have been using that.
All good now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.