Notice Wii no longer use address book

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bradzx, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I got message from Nintendo that no longer to use News channel and Weather channel. Even can't use send message on address. I was like "uh um. Ok...Why they did make Wii first place?" Why bother make Wii? Now they can't use it cuz of Wii U. Who care?! Wii and Wii U are same thing! Cuz both of them have same word, "Wii"on it. Now I heard rumor that there will be new Nintendo system. If they are do same thing on Wii U, then I am done with Nintendo game. I mean seriously, what the h*** they are thinking for business? It is this how they keep going and abandon old game system for not help the problem like old Nintendo game? Why they are keeping abandon the old game system for not support?

Ammako likes this.
  2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    bradzx, the internet is still around to cover all of those things your Wii won't do anymore. :P

3. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    What do you mean by that?

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    They supported the Wii for over 7 years. Thats long enough, move on.

5. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    ..........I think I should stop trusting Nintendo and pick other game system Like Xbox and Play Station.

6. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    i dont understand whats you're problem? you're upset that the 8 year old Wii isin't still being supported? and yeah there will be a new Nintendo system in about 5 years.

7. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    Let it say Nintendo don't support older game system.

8. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    nonsense.

nintendo is one of the three consoles that DO in fact support older game system. I dont know why you yell at all,
    i mean i read and dont understood what you wrote, is news and weather channel no longer available? and you canr send messages.

like some others people mentioned Wii was made 2006 . Ofcourse they wanna move on to new areas .
    And if your read Pachter or some game analyst, most dont have any facts to use. Nintendo was active with Wii in 6 years with has 1200 titles, then they created wiiU that has 280 titles. they make alot of money and see no danger in future sellings .

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Let's also protest against closing down Super Famicom Stellaview, I mean, people used this service, why isn't it around anymore? :angry:

On a serious note though, discontinued consoles are not supported by contemporary services. The original XBox can no longer connect to XBox Live, the PS2 can't connect to PSN, the Wii can't connect to... whatever online network it was using for this sort of thing. It's nothing out of the ordinary, bradzx.

10. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida

Whoa now! the PS2 did not use the PSN because the PSN did not exist. With that being said the Xbox and PS2 can still be played online using LAN. Also this was mentioned many months ago. A lot of games no longer have online including Metroid Prime Corruption.

11. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If you're picking up a 360/PS3, the support for that also eventually stops.
    Just like the old Xbox.
    They just shut down the servers.
    Hell, their even shutting down servers of games that people barely play right now.

It's time to move on.
    New generation, new games, new system, new servers.

Hacked Xboxes only.
    Or syslink but that's not really "online"
    PS2's...
    Prolly also hacked ones only.
    Could be that stock units can also connect through Xlink Kai tho..

12. Luigi2012SM64DS
    This message by Luigi2012SM64DS has been removed from public view by FIX94, Jan 27, 2014, Reason: bs.
    Jan 27, 2014
  13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Excuse the shorthand, Net Play then. The service as such didn't have an official name and only a handful of games worked, but it was Online at the end of the day. I said "PSN" simply because that's how the service is called now, although I suppose you could call PSN a successor more than anything.

DinohScene likes this.
  14. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida

Nah you don't need to have a hacked console to use any of the lan programs. The only thing that was required is that the game supports lan. A lot of xbox games did and so did the ps2. Halo 2 was a prime example of a game played heavily on Xlink Kai. Another game was Monster Hunter. I actually used it quite a bit for older games because sometimes the net code was spotty at best.

For example on the Xbox Splinter Cell Chaos Theory had a buggy coop code. Or maybe it wasn't buggy but our internet sucked? either way LAN worked better.

15. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Aye you're right.
    Had it mixed up with the 360.
    MS didn't had a pingpatch back in the day

Splinter cell wasn't that buggy as far as I can remember..

16. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    Because god forbid Nintendo even THINK of making a console that won't be able to check the news or weather in eight years.

calmwaters and stephaniie like this.
  17. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    LOL'd

18. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Thank you for revealing such... valuable information. I heard Nintendo will reinstate these privileges for the Wii in a few years though, so you've got nothing to worry about.