Hardware Nothing like updating my Switch and then It bricked

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine told me that there's a new update for the Switch (which is 3.0.0) and as soon as it hits 95% the switch didn't received any signal from the internet. I moved closer to the router so I could try again and it failed to do so.

I rebooted the console to then receive the error code: 2168-0002. I tried rebooting it, no dice.

Then I hold the key combo to access Recovery Menu. And started the System Update again. When it finished, the console rebooted and now it hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo (Basically the HOME MENU doesn't boot). And if I try to access the Recovery Menu it stays on black screen. I guess I need to send it for a repair to Nintendo, but I wanted to ask here before I do so and see if there was some other way to fix it?

UPDATE: Its doing the exact same thing again... If the problem persists, I will go visit my aunt so they can call Nintendo. (I suck at explaining stuff sometimes.)

Last edited by D0GMEAT,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do it respond to anything? Like putting on the joycons or even plugging in the power? Tried to dock it?

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do it respond to anything? Like putting on the joycons or even plugging in the power? Tried to dock it?

I haven't tried using the dock, but when it hangs on the logo, both Joycons can connect and work properly, and when I plug it in, the charging indicator appears when its booting up.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So odd, seems like something went corrupted during the update. Can you call Nintendo and see if they got a solution? I hardly believe they have to change any hardware in your Switch. At most (this sucks) is to format your NAND.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So odd, seems like something went corrupted during the update. Can you call Nintendo and see if they got a solution? I hardly believe they have to change any hardware in your Switch. At most (this sucks) is to format your NAND.
And with that you lose your 200+ hours of BotW saves.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't called them yet since it happened a few hours go. I will give it a shot and call them tomorrow and see if they have a solution.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My switch just acts like there's no update available, can get on eshop on 2.3 with no issue.
Fine by me.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
And with that you lose your 200+ hours of BotW saves.
Yeah... it freaking blows. They got to get some backup method implemented asap. I got no idea how Splatoon 2 will work with saves, but just imagine a big esports teams lose one or two members because of corrupted saves or whatever.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I haven't called them yet since it happened a few hours go. I will give it a shot and call them tomorrow and see if they have a solution.
Try to just turn it on and see if it runs out of battery if it makes any difference. Probably not but what the heck

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine told me that there's a new update for the Switch (which is 3.0.0) and as soon as it hits 95% the switch didn't received any signal from the internet. I moved closer to the router so I could try again and it failed to do so.

I rebooted the console to then receive the error code: 2168-0002. I tried rebooting it, no dice.

Then I hold the key combo to access Recovery Menu. And started the System Update again. When it finished, the console rebooted and now it hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo (Basically the HOME MENU doesn't boot). And if I try to access the Recovery Menu it stays on black screen. I guess I need to send it for a repair to Nintendo, but I wanted to ask here before I do so and see if there was some other way to fix it?
If that happened then Ninty isn't really good at testing new updates. I suggest waiting until a new update arrives and then using recovery to update to it.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never update unless you absolutely have to, that's my motto. Good luck with your system, I hope you don't wind up losing your saves.

I updated it in order to add my friends from my Wii U to my Switch. I kinda don't care much about the save data. I only had FAST RMX installed, and a few demos.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also this update is actually a bigger update with an actual changelog. I will update to this version as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta buy store brand hoes too