'nother snes classic. won't load nes games

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, simply put, got a co-worker who wanted me to hack and get some extra games on their snes classic, since they weren't as tech savvy.

Well, strange thing is, even with the settings and config that I had on mine, I'm finding that this one just will not load any NES games. SNES, Genesis, 32X, even N64 games all work. Just NES games don't. Even tried re-making the hakchi directory, re-copy the retroarch package that I knew worked, but I'm still getting the same result. What can I try doing now to get that working so I can send it back all nice and ready to go?

D

Deleted User

So, simply put, got a co-worker who wanted me to hack and get some extra games on their snes classic, since they weren't as tech savvy.

Well, strange thing is, even with the settings and config that I had on mine, I'm finding that this one just will not load any NES games. SNES, Genesis, 32X, even N64 games all work. Just NES games don't. Even tried re-making the hakchi directory, re-copy the retroarch package that I knew worked, but I'm still getting the same result. What can I try doing now to get that working so I can send it back all nice and ready to go?

Have you tried re-installing retroarch core?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought i did that, but it's still happening. I waa starting to wonder if i would be within my right to try and hit the system reset/restore function on the snes classic itself? Or if i could like, flash to stock and start over from it?

D

Deleted User

Thought i did that, but it's still happening. I waa starting to wonder if i would be within my right to try and hit the system reset/restore function on the snes classic itself? Or if i could like, flash to stock and start over from it?

I suggest trying that one last time as this has happened to me and re-installing Retroarch core fixed this for me.

Also, are you using built in canoe or nes core?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest trying that one last time as this has happened to me and re-installing Retroarch core fixed this for me.

Also, are you using built in canoe or nes core?
I've no idea at this point in time. I'm using hakchi 2.31 on the pc.

I don't understand it, because my own personal unit is flawless. Even loaded up Minus Infinity with no errors at all, but this one doesn't load anything.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I've no idea at this point in time. I'm using hakchi 2.31 on the pc.

I don't understand it, because my own personal unit is flawless. Even loaded up Minus Infinity with no errors at all, but this one doesn't load anything.

Check command line it will say canoe built in core or fceux or other nes cores. Done many Minis and some can be a pain even though setup like other working minis. I feel your pain.

D

Deleted User

What would i be looking for in said command line? What should i change?

Well if it says bin/clover in command line then retroarch is handling nes games

In older retroarchs you needed to install nes core like other systems

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it says bin/clover in command line then retroarch is handling nes games

In older retroarchs you needed to install nes core like other systems
Yeah, I'm not a fan of command line; stuff like this reminds me why.

At least looking at it on the hakchi program, seems all the NES games are showing as /bin/nes. I'm guessing that's my problem, right?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, I'm not a fan of command line; stuff like this reminds me why.

At least looking at it on the hakchi program, seems all the NES games are showing as /bin/nes. I'm guessing that's my problem, right?

I'm pretty sure bin/clover and bin/nes are handles by retroarch

What version of restroarch did you install?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure bin/clover and bin/nes are handles by retroarch

What version of restroarch did you install?
I (re)tried with the same retroArch that I used with my first, working snes classic. I can confirm the Genesis/32X games work and at least that the n64 games load (though don't have a controller with analog sticks so can't really play some of them). Only the NES games are not working on this other one right now
/bin/nes /usr/share/games/CLV-H-WBAOK/Contra.nes.7z

D

Deleted User

I (re)tried with the same retroArch that I used with my first, working snes classic. I can confirm the Genesis/32X games work and at least that the n64 games load (though don't have a controller with analog sticks so can't really play some of them). Only the NES games are not working on this other one right now
/bin/nes /usr/share/games/CLV-H-WBAOK/Contra.nes.7z

You can try clover and see if they load

Delete then redrag into Haxchi

Can also try newer version of retroarch if there is one

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
according to this, it's still 1.1d... even tried the additional-mods script to try and force nestopia, but I still get the same behavior. any NES game just kicks back to the main screen.

D

Deleted User

according to this, it's still 1.1d... even tried the additional-mods script to try and force nestopia, but I still get the same behavior. any NES game just kicks back to the main screen.

I believe retroarch is on 1.7x Try the new one bud, should fix your issue

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for not reading the whole thread.

But im pretty sure it might just be your configuration.

Since several revisions, the nes emulator loaded on hackhi, its wrong, so you need to use a core, and specify it via hackhi :)

Is that simple.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by codezer0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat