Notes, Time Signatures, Music rules in DS-10

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by silent sniper, Jul 27, 2008.

1. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    well, i've been fiddling around with DS-10 for about th past hour or two, and I think I've gotten it pretty much figured out (except for a bit in nthe editors and patchers) but what I am wondering, in the sequencer, is it possible to change the time signature (I'm wanting 3/4) and also note lengths (quater, half, dotted etc)? Also, say if I distorted the sound to a metal guitar-like sound, is there a possible way to try and make a machine gun (ergo, really fast strumming) sound? Thanks in advance.

2. Lancer2D

Newcomer Lancer2D Newbie

United States
    I haven't been playing around with it as long as you but I think I can answer some of your questions. You can change the time signature to 3/4 by changing the step to 12 from 16. The step button is next to the pattern button. You can do different note lengths by going to SYN1 SEQ (or SYN2 SEQ) then pressing the arrow in the upper left hand corner until you get to GATE. From there slide notes that you want held up to LEGATO. LEGATO will keep the note sound constant.

As for the fast strumming I can't think of an easy way to do it besides cranking up the BPM which could make doing other things annoying. There are probably some work arounds. For example you could make a long held note then go into PATCH and hook a high frequency square wave to VCA IN and turn the knob all the way up. That will give you a fast tremolo effect but it might not be the sound you want.

3. silent sniper
    OP

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    Okay, thanks, I'll try that