Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://www.xxodd.nl/index.php?p=artikel&ID=449&e=2

it's a dutch site but you can see the specs

is it a good notebook ( i think). the price is about 400 dollar

but is the processor is a amd and is it a good one?

i tried googling but didn't found anything about it.

is it a good choice ?

ps. i live in holland so don't give me links of sites that don't ship to the whole world

ty gbatemp
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

yes it looks to be a good notebook. The prosesser is the as the one in my notebook it is good and gets the job done.

D

Deleted User

its ok. I dont play games on it. I use it for watching movies and downloading music.
smile.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well the CPU is a little weak, but Im guessing youre not buying the thing for gaming or anything like that. And from what I can decipher from the specs page you get a CD with both XP and Vista drivers. With XP it should run fine really, overall it seems ok for $400, although I cant really work out what HDD you are going to get, there seems to be quite a few options for that.

soulfire

gear... secando
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank p1ngpong

i will stick with the windows xp

and it only for movies and vacation.

320GB 7200RPM Serial-ATA (16Mb cache) i think that one will be my choice. it is fast
smile.gif

so i think it's decided
tongue.gif

and i like the large screen
tongue.gif

well thank gbatemp for the help (p1ngpong and Ireland 1)

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DSGamer64 said:
AMD mobile processors are garbage, Intel ones are far superior to be quite honest, you get better battery life and performance.

depends on the TDP of the processor...and to be honest I trust Cool'n'quite more than speedstep

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moodswinger said:
AMD processors are known to have heating issues, especially on laptops.

Where did you pull that one out of?

Because it is utter nonse ...

Any harddrive you want with your new laptop shouldnt be 7200rpm.

If you wanna kill your laptop you do 2 things , burn as much dvd/cd on it as you can and have a 7200rpm HD in it .

If you buy a laptop you need to buy extended warrenty on it , for the simple reason that if something breaks (which is major part (like mainboard or TfT) you will pay a big chunk of money for it sometimes half of what you bought the laptop for.

The extended warrenty shouldnt be that expensive and say be something like 60 EURO per year orso.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My laptop has an AMD Turion mobile processor and it runs 10x hotter then my old laptop which had a Celeron in it, it's so hot that you can almost burn yourself and probably runs almost as hot as a decent gaming desktop.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
My laptop has an AMD Turion mobile processor and it runs 10x hotter then my old laptop which had a Celeron in it, it's so hot that you can almost burn yourself and probably runs almost as hot as a decent gaming desktop.

I have a Turion in mine, it's warm, but nowhere near hot enough to burn.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Athlon-pv said:
moodswinger said:

If you wanna kill your laptop you do 2 things , burn as much dvd/cd on it as you can and have a 7200rpm HD in it .

If you buy a laptop you need to buy extended warrenty on it , for the simple reason that if something breaks (which is major part (like mainboard or TfT) you will pay a big chunk of money for it sometimes half of what you bought the laptop for.

The extended warrenty shouldnt be that expensive and say be something like 60 EURO per year orso.
This is actually true. My old laptop had AMD and it had to be returned and the motherboard replaced with an Intel processor one because it was so hot that it burned my wireless chip dead. I was lucky that this problem was very common, so the repair and shipping were free.

Nice try though.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Athlon-pv said:
moodswinger said:

This is actually true. My old laptop had AMD and it had to be returned and the motherboard replaced with an Intel processor one because it was so hot that it burned my wireless chip dead. I was lucky that this problem was very common, so the repair and shipping were free.

Nice try though.

Really , i have an Acer aspire 1511 Lmi and my laptop been running for atleast 5 years. No heat problems. Had a faulty mainboard that got replaced and that is it.

My laptop runs atleast 12 hours a day and is connected to the internet all the time.

I'm moderator on an AMD based webboard and i never came close to hearing these stories about burned out chips ever.

Im sure that you can have problems with whatever brand but to pin it on AMD soley on one experience or just a poor brand implementation is something that can happen to anyone regardless of brand.

The story of replacing a mainboard from AMD to Intel is just BS . Very unlikely that they use the same layout.
You got a different laptop for the reason that they made up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)