Note for Fireware v1.08 of DSTWO - BUG FOUND

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by RalphUp, Mar 7, 2011.

Mar 7, 2011
  1. RalphUp
    OP

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FROM Godslash - Admin on the SC Forum, I know SlayerDX has posted in the 3DS fix post but for ALL those who have had WHITE SCREENS on the DS PHAT/LITE and THERE IS NO CARD INSERTED IN THE DS CAME CARD SLOT messages:

Note for Fireware v1.08 of DSTWO
    We found there is a reset bug in v1.08 Fireware of DSTWO. Somethings the cart cannot be recognized after resetting.

We are addressing this issue, we thought that may be because the amount of data is very large when 3DS boots, but the time spent for reset is too short, CPU is not been initialized. We are modifying the booting code now, we will release a new version A few days later.

Btw, please make sure to upgrade DSTWO fireware on the DS console, never on a 3DS console.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Old news, bro.

Also, did not know that you can only update on the DS. I wonder if that means after its working, it STILL needs to be updated on DS not a pre-update 3DS?

Good thing I am keeping my old DS after all.

3. ChaosX1022

Newcomer ChaosX1022 Advanced Member

United States
    Cool I'll wait for the update that way I don't SMAAAASH my DSiXL.(Off topic I love Mother 2 and 3.)

4. nathancnc

Member nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why is it bad to update the DSTWO on the 3DS??? I only have a 3DS, so should I update? How dangerous is it?