Hacking Not sure where to start with 5.1.0

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I see the NSW that my kids use is already running 5.1.0 fw.
I suppose it is too late now for anything that would allow me to install homebrew or play from cart images, is it?

Should I just forget about it all and possibly in the future try to find and buy another console with a lower firmware?

If not, what would be an easy/old fart dumbproof tutorial to follow to get it all running (by running I mean a way for my kids to still be able to play online or get their games updates, dlcs or eshop purchases) and possibly homebrew for emulation or a way to play carts images .xci & .nsp)

I have started looking at the switch.hacks.guide site but couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks.

Reactions: kramer987

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Just search for SX OS...

Or do it for free with layeredFS.

Just golden! Made my day:rofl2:

Seriously though if you want to pay for the backup loading you go for TX.
But if it's free you want, the only available option is LayeredFS which has many dedicated threads to get you started.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem being on latest firmware, both SX OS and Layeredfs will allow playing backups. It is yet to determine whether using SX OS will get you banned, layeredfs most certainly will.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I see the NSW that my kids use is already running 5.1.0 fw.
I suppose it is too late now for anything that would allow me to install homebrew or play from cart images, is it?

Should I just forget about it all and possibly in the future try to find and buy another console with a lower firmware?

If not, what would be an easy/old fart dumbproof tutorial to follow to get it all running (by running I mean a way for my kids to still be able to play online or get their games updates, dlcs or eshop purchases) and possibly homebrew for emulation or a way to play carts images .xci & .nsp)

I have started looking at the switch.hacks.guide site but couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks.

TX is the way to go if you just want to steal stuff and aren't really interested in the technical aspects and the learning / hassle.

Be sure to set a good examples for the kidos (obviously none of our business!!!)

Playing online with a mod is dicey (what triggers bans is not fully understood/overcome) at this time so be careful if you are setting it up for your kids and you expect full functionality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte