gooface

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's the deal. I have the itch to mod a console, I have:

1x Wii (I think I softmodded years back and it has the homebrew channel)
1x Phat PS2 (not modded)
1x Slim Xbox 360 ( not modded, I'm pretty sure its a trinity model since it was bought around the time the kinect released)

Here's what I would like to do, I would like to play backup games (preferably on a hard drive) and not have to spend an arm and a leg to do so.

I know there are emulators for the PS2 and Wii for PC and my PC is well equipped to handle those with no issues.

Thats why I am posting here in the xbox forum, I would love to play original xbox games and xbox 360 games on a modded console. (would it be best to get separate consoles for doing that and mod them?)

I am looking for guidance, I know I am a late bloomer on this subject, but I feel like I missed out on the microsoft console world and I would like to dive in with a modded console and play all those games I missed.(on both systems)

What would be the best route to do this, and in 2016 is it hard to do now?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
1) Update the IOS's on the Wii and use USBloaderGX for booting backups.
2) Two options, which are hard mod with a MODBO 4.0 mod chip, which are cheap to obtain or instead install FMCB (free mcboot) with OPL (open PS2 loader) on a Memory Card, install a bigger HDD and boot the games from that.
3) Flash the drive for disc backups only or RGH (Reset Glitch hack) which runs unsigned code i.e install hacked dashboards, run games from the HDD and more. Xbox 360 will play Xbox originals when RGH'd from HDD but you are better off getting an original Xbox and either TSOP, Mod Chip or soft mod it,as support for emulators like Coinops 8 and MAME is better.

Use google for these options as there is too much to answer on how this is all done.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-hack-your-360.334203/

Pretty much sums up what you need to look for.
As for Xbox games on 360.
They work but their emulated so don't expect perfect playback.
I'd personally go for an old Xbox and softmod it.
Far better solution as it's nearly free (hotswap is free, exploit on disc is cheapish).

Katanira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although, putting FMCB on a ps2 memory card, then setting it up to run games over an Ethernet cable from a Raspberry pi (with a large flash drive attached) makes playing ps2 games a lot more portable than having an emulator on a tower (unless it's a gaming laptop).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: