not sure where to go from here

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rogerwater247, Dec 23, 2009.

Dec 23, 2009
  1. rogerwater247
    OP

Newcomer rogerwater247 Newbie

United States
    I soft modded my Wii from 4.0u. Used cIOScorp1.01, ciosrev10installer, Ios downgrader, preloaderv0.29, wad manager 1.4, and Downgrade IOS35. everything is working fine. when i burn iso files to a DVD-R and try to play them, it says an error has occured. please eject the disk and turn the wii off. then refer to your owners manual. this has happened after i have a burned a couple other games and they worked fine.

just seems like everything i burn now is either unreadable or i get that error. ive tried using imgburn at 1x and i tried nero 9 at 1x and both having the same results. just wondering if anyone has any idea on what it is.

also with this if i installed a backup loader channel would that mess anything up? because right now i can play the burned games off the original game channel just like a bought game. any help with this would be wonderful. thanks in advance.

2. rogerwater247
    OP

United States
    ok well i installed backup loader 0.3 gamma (wiigator). still having the same problem. i either get a disk read error 324, or the black screen saying a problem has occured please eject the disk, turn the wii off then refer to your owners manual. anyone got ideas to this? do i need to install a different backup loader or what? thanks if anyone can help me

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    1st, make sure u have bootmii and a nand backup, if u can't install bootmii as boot2, u should also get priiloader

2nd, there is cioscorp 3.6 out right now, that version can play 99% of games

3rd, look into neogamma (homebrew or channel) to play backup disks

4th, and most important, have u heard about usb loaders? U can literally play games off of an external hard drive... its faster, its avoids using your wii's laser (longer wii life), and u dont need to get up to switch games anymore!

4. rogerwater247
    OP

United States
    i see with cioscorp 3.6 people are having compatibility issues with nsmb wii. as of right now it is working fine for me. so im wondering if i go and update to 3.6 is nsmb wii going to stop working for me?

5. rogerwater247
    OP

United States
    ive been trying to get a usb loader to work for like 2 days now and have not been successful. not sure what i am doing wrong if i am doing anything at all lol. im trying to use an external hdd to play the games off of. i have WBFS manager 2.5 and it seems to format and put the game info on to the hdd. ive tried usb loader v1, cfg usb loader, and one other one not sure the name of it as i deleted it. with the cfg usb loader it trys to mount the hdd and says timeout in 30. then it counts up and it says press any button to restart the wii. any help or a point in a better direction with this would be greatly appericiated. TIA