Hacking Not sure what brand of HDD I should get

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
The screen has a green flicker and quits to the HBC, Mario Kart Wii, Dawn of a New World, Donkey Kong Country Returns all work, so why is TP giving me so much trouble? First time I ripped it, it only got a 500MB file, so I deleted it and tried again. Nothing. Won't load at all.

OMG you didn't have the cIOS?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brausm08 said:
don't second guess based on one inaccurate comment: FAT32 is ideal...even Modmii recommends FAT32....

@Fisherman P: what??? (i find no FAT32 definition even remotely based on what you said anywhere...i'm willing to be wrong, but it doesn't even sound accurate)

EDIT: okay...i done some reading (is wiki ever wrong?
smile.gif
)...i thought the 32GB XP limit was just an arbitrary number chosen by Micro$oft...guess there is some merit behind it...HOWEVER, for the wii, FAT32 still reigns supreme IMO (UNEEK, HBC app loading, etc.)
Sorry for continuing to go off topic... But that 32GB limits is completely artificial and can be considered arbitrary as it is more or less a decision made by Microsoft. For Windows Me, Microsoft enabled the full 32K cluster option so that drives up to 2TB (8TB theoretical) could be formatted with FAT32. But when 2000 and XP were released, and as they supported NTFS, Microsoft hindered their built in formatting tools to prevent FAT32 cluster larger than 16K in order to curb wasted space that comes along with the larger 32K clusters; pitching the more efficient NTFS format instead.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."