Not sure if I gotta wait or not (probably do). Assistance?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheReturningVoid, May 24, 2015.

1. TheReturningVoid
    OP

TheReturningVoid 0xAAAAAAAA

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    Ello!

So, I have an O3DS on system 9.6. I was fine just having my cartridges, but now I live in two houses (separation sucks) and I kinda wanna get a Gateway to load my games library on so I only need to bring that one card with me to get all my games.

Is this possible (yet)?
    If not, any rough estimates on when it will be ready? (pls no SOON™)

Thanks very much in advance!

--JjStar

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    No gateway support for versions over 9.2, and no way to know if there ever will be. You could get a Sky3DS tho, it will play retail game dumps but not eshop dumps or homebrew.

4. TheReturningVoid
    OP

TheReturningVoid 0xAAAAAAAA

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    Hmm, never heard of that one. What's it like?

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    When I accidentally updated the first 3DS XL I bought, to 9.6, I was devastated. So much so I immediately looked and e-mailed Amazon sellers on what firmware their used 3DSes were. I never wanted to buy a used one, but it was the only way at this point, because those selling new (unopened) ones couldn't answer the firmware question. That would involve them opening the box, thus not being "new" anymore. Considering that I was and still am, in the middle of saving up for a very expensive new PC, blowing $130 for that. Now in hindsight, that $130 would've put me right at the PC, and even enough to buy a blu-ray player right now. It's worth it to have more than one 3DS for web exploits and Gateway, but it ballooned my inventory from 4 3DSes, to 5, and I still plan on getting a Japanese one.

That being said, I haven't updated that XL, thinking something will come to 9.6, even if it takes forever and a day.