Gaming Not sure but I think PSN for PS3 os getting shut down

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Look, don't say it won't happen or it never will cuz it will and soon enough I'm afraid.
A couple of friends of mine (one working at Best Buy and the other working at GameStop) told me that Sony is gonna shut down PSN for PS3 on March/April 2017 and at first I thought it was fake but now I've been seeing that might not be.

Tekken Revolution, a free to play game, has been taken off PSN's store last month and people who kept the game, with be able to play online until March 2017 before they shut down the server.
And now the same goes for Grand Theft Auto V in terms of transferring your progress to a newer gen console.

I think you guys should be holding on to your Ps3 more than ever because it might end without a warning or it just might end sooner than you think.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play BF3 online, and there are always 40 to 100+ servers that for the most part are full. at night it's about half that. I think it would be a big mistake for them to pull online service like that.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know many people use the online service, myself included however the console is a decade old and seeing services end now, pretty sure it won't take long before Sony pulls the plug.

No way. PS Plus games are still given away and PS Now wouldn't even work.
Barely.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Regardless they have been offering shit PS Plus freebies for the PS3.
Not to mention that PS Now works on PS4, meaning that it can't possibly use the same server.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless they have been offering shit PS Plus freebies for the PS3.
Not to mention that PS Now works on PS4, meaning that it can't possibly use the same server.

PS Now is streaming made up of PS3 games, which are ran on, guess what - PS3s.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, don't say it won't happen or it never will cuz it will and soon enough I'm afraid.
A couple of friends of mine (one working at Best Buy and the other working at GameStop) told me that Sony is gonna shut down PSN for PS3 on March/April 2017 and at first I thought it was fake but now I've been seeing that might not be.

Tekken Revolution, a free to play game, has been taken off PSN's store last month and people who kept the game, with be able to play online until March 2017 before they shut down the server.
And now the same goes for Grand Theft Auto V in terms of transferring your progress to a newer gen console.

I think you guys should be holding on to your Ps3 more than ever because it might end without a warning or it just might end sooner than you think.

Thanks for warning but I am not buying your story or your friend at GameStop or Best Buy anyway. I will wait for Sony themselves to be announcement for this. They are the trust source and a responsibility to confirm us.

Therefore, I do not care about PSN. I only care about physical disc games. :)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for warning but I am not buying your story or your friend at GameStop or Best Buy anyway. I will wait for Sony themselves to be announcement for this. They are the trust source and a responsibility to confirm us.

Therefore, I do not care about PSN. I only care about physical disc games. :)
I care about PSN digital versions more than physical games, regardless, physical games also use PSN.
But like the title says, I'm not sure they're gonna shut it down or not but we already have 2 things pointing to it.

NotableCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry at OP, but thats untrue.

they would announce it way earlier, games like tekken arent as succesfull as thoughed, thats why its getting shutdown.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I care about PSN digital versions more than physical games, regardless, physical games also use PSN.
But like the title says, I'm not sure they're gonna shut it down or not but we already have 2 things pointing to it.

Yeah but I am into art boxes and manuals. That's why I prefer it over PSN digital versions anyway. Therefore, save space as well.

Soulless_Desires

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 5 comes out in April for both ps3 and ps4 sony not going shot down PlayStation network for ps3 when they are still making new games for ps3 that's not only new one coming out this yr for ps3. Tekken Revolution was taken down because of Tekken 7 coming out soon. they still coming out with Dragon's Dogma Online (PS3) RPG July 2017 and Residential evil 2 remake and many other games all for the ps3 so your friends are very misinformed.

Reactions: EmulateLife

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could happen. No one really knows yet though.
But if that's the case there are always alternative servers people can make. Its been done before with other systems who had plans on shutting down their online services before.

And its only been three years since the PS3 friend system/online has been running since the PS4 came out officially in north america (2014 I think.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...