Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We know its been in development and was originally for the Wii. Then Mr Miyamoto said it was heading to Wii U, well by the end of E3 this year we would definitely be seeing it.

With Nintendo expected to make a big push with its next generation hardware at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June, legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto tells Spanish publication El Mundo that his plumber pal and plant lackeys will be there in full force.
Fans anxiously awaiting a new entry Miyamoto's quirky strategy series Pikmin look to be in luck; he's apparently working on a new entry in the series that will take advantage of the console's high-resolution graphics. The same article mentions Nintendo's beloved creator is also anticipating that the company will introduce a new Super Mario title for the platform, which wouldn't be much of a surprise, really.

I contacted Nintendo for confirmation of Miyamoto's interview statements, and received the following response: "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Pikmin game will be shown at the E3 Expo in June. He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing."

Pikmin comes as a pleasant surprise. I've been waiting for a new entry in the series since Nintendo released the Wii-ready version of the second title back in 2009.

I'm still waiting for the official word on Mario from Nintendo. Will this be the Super Mario Bros. Mii we saw at E3 2011, or something entirely new?

http://kotaku.com/5902458/nintendos-bringing-new-wii-u-pikmin-and-mario-to-e3
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/343936/miyamoto-to-debut-mario-wii-u-game-at-e3-report/
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2012/04/16/navegante/1334559905.html

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely awesome news. Pikmin 2 is still imo one of the best games made, and if Pikmin 3 is a launch title for Wii-U, it's definately going to be my first played Wii-U game.

EDIT: " He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing."
Uh.... anyone else worried that this means there is going to be some major change to the series? If it'll be another true pikmin game, why would he feel the need to say that?
Maybe it's going to be a spinoff or something....

Reactions: 1 person

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to once again build up my army of pikmins ready to take over the world and its giant insects.
I can already imagine myself throwing pikmin on the wii u pad. :yay:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say much for the games (I never got around to playing them), but I'm not sure how effective this would be as a launch game for the system (if it will be a launch title at all).

Sure, people will buy it, but would it have the same drawing power as a new Mario or Zelda game?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is legit then I might just buy the Wii U @ launch.

I contacted Nintendo for confirmation of Miyamoto's interview statements, and received the following response: "In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Pikmin game will be shown at the E3 Expo in June. He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing."

Its legit, Kotaku won't lie like that.

I can't say much for the games (I never got around to playing them), but I'm not sure how effective this would be as a launch game for the system (if it will be a launch title at all).

Sure, people will buy it, but would it have the same drawing power as a new Mario or Zelda game?
I'd doubt that its really meant to draw people in, its an additional game to the game that made you buy the console or for those who HAVE to have a Wii U regardless of what there is released.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely awesome news. Pikmin 2 is still imo one of the best games made, and if Pikmin 3 is a launch title for Wii-U, it's definately going to be my first played Wii-U game.

EDIT: " He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing."
Uh.... anyone else worried that this means there is going to be some major change to the series? If it'll be another true pikmin game, why would he feel the need to say that?
Maybe it's going to be a spinoff or something....

Might be because of the tablet controls. Since pikmin is a micro management game they probably based the control scheme around it. Least that is my guess :)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope you don't have to wildly finger the touch screen to throw pikmin. The Wiimote+Nunchuck controls are great in the Wiimakes though, it would be nice if it supports that.

Honestly them nailing this game is going to be crucial in even getting me to consider picking up one of these.

D

Deleted_171835

Pikmin in HD, fuck yeah. The game already looks great in SD on the Gamecube. Just imagine those lush environments in HD.

I wouldn't be suprised if this comes out at launch. After all, the game was in development for a while now (originally on the Wii).

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I so can't wait to sacrifice more carrot-people for my own amusement.

No, seriously, I want this game to do just that. :D I've had a blast with the first two, so the third is a must.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really saw the appeal in Pikmin. I'm not a big RTS fan in general but Pikmin just seemed too simplified for that even. Plus I really only like the RTS games that involve like building a base and stuff.

And I tried playing the first one a bit but I lost interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1