Hacking not reading my freshly formated 2gb mini sd card

Moomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a m3 perfect mini sd that i JUST got, i format my mini sd card (FAT of course) , pop it in and nothing...all i get is an error "Warning! Card has not been Formated. Please shut down and insert a formated Secure Digital card." im not sure what to do at this point, ive tried formating it several times now with no prevail. maybe theres a program to better format my card? any help would be greatly apreaciated.

thanks,

Moomba

Moomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try fat32?

tried that also...i think i should try a different card reader, its saying its formatted but it just doesnt say so on my m3
cry.gif

Moomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i got another card reader from a friend today, formatted that sucker again and still nothing....you think it could possibly be some faultly flash memory? i doubt it though seeing as it works fine in my comp...this sucks i dont know what im gonna do, payed close to $200 for all this stuff and cant even use it.

Moomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok after a long process of finding win98 drivers for my card reader, i gave formating the card on another comp a try...still nothing. i think it may be some bad flash memory, there is one suspicous thing the last conductor...almost like a scratch right in the middle of it. ill get a pic soon. so i think im going to head out tommorow to bestbuy and pic up some horribly overpriced mini sd memory, just to test, and if it works ima return it on the spot and buy one off ebay
biggrin.gif
wish me luck. and if anyone has any insite on this please share your knowledge, cause this is starting to really frustrate me.

Moomba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the conductor on the very left is MUCH more defined, is it supposed to be like this or is it possibly damaged?

checa

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe your M3 died, I also have an M3 mini-sd version that recently stopped reading my mini-SD card. Tested the card on another M3, works perfectly fine. I don't know what else you can do with it, sorry.

grobke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

i have the same problem with 2 new M3 perfects (Mini SD) with passcard3, bought for my two kids. I get the message "Warning! Card has not been Formated. Please shut down an insert a formated Secure Digital card. Or press START to continue anyway." :
cry.gif

When pressing START, i first get the message "This product is not sponsored, endorsed or approved by Nintendo" followed up again by the message "Warning! Card has not been Formated. Please shut down an insert a formated Secure Digital card."

**** I'm using a Sandisk 2Gb Mini SD card ****

Can someone help me please.
frown.gif

Thanks in advance, regards, Grobke.

UnknownShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

i have the same problem with 2 new M3 perfects (Mini SD) with passcard3, bought for my two kids. I get the message "Warning! Card has not been Formated. Please shut down an insert a formated Secure Digital card. Or press START to continue anyway."Â :
cry.gif

When pressing START, i first get the message "This product is not sponsored, endorsed or approved by Nintendo" followed up again by the message "Warning! Card has not been Formated. Please shut down an insert a formated Secure Digital card."

**** I'm using a Sandisk 2Gb Mini SD card ****

Can someone help me please.Â
frown.gif

Thanks in advance, regards, Grobke.

Did you happen to buy the Sandisk 2Gb MiniSD off of eBay? The majority of those are fake so maybe that is the problem? I just purchased a Sandisk 2Gb card off of eBay before I found out about all the fakes. I haven't received it yet but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will work with my M3 MiniSD.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Moomba: which brand is that supposed to be? I have a SanDisk here and its contacts look nothing like those (all of the contacts have slightly raised bumps and seem to be coated with something that seems to be very resistant to insertion scratches).

On the other hand, I also have a 2G Kingston microSD here, and out of 4 card readers, only one of them will format it it so it has 2G of free space (the others put 994 free, 991 in bad blocks) - and that card reader happens to be one of the built in jobs that come on dell laptops...

grobke

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply,

Yes i bought my "SanDisk" MiniSD (2GB) on ebay, it's a fake one
evil.gif
, the part number is SDSDM-32, it doesn't work in the M3 perfect.

According to the SanDisk.com website the correct part number for the 2GB MiniSD is SDSDM-2048. I bought my card from the seller phantom_packet in Hongkong. I mailed 2 days ago him via paypal, didn't receive an answer yet. I think i'm going to issue a official claim against him via paypal.

Today, i bought a new Sandisk SDSDM-2048 in a local store, and yes, it is working oke now
yaynds.gif
. Thanks again for your reply, and beware of fake memory cards sold on ebay.

Regards,

Grobke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM