OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Notforesale2.jpg

notforesale.jpg

Ok I don't get this. The copy of New Super Mario Bros. on the left was bought from a store shelf. I got a Mario edition Nintendo DS lite that came with a copy of New Super Mario Bros., and that copy on the right has different positioning of text and graphics on the lower part of the back and says NOT FOR RESALE, but the one on the left doesn't?

Why is that?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a copy of Brain Age from Nintendo once. On the back of the cartridge, there was a sticker that said "PROPERTY OF NINTENDO." But yeah, that's there to keep you from selling the game to someone else and cutting into Nintendo's profit.

Eponasoft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, who really cares about that? It's not like writing that is going to stop anyone from reselling it. I can't tell you how many copies of Sonic The Hedgehog I've bought over the years that said "Not For Resale" right on the front cover in big, bold, red letters.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eponasoft said:
Besides, who really cares about that? It's not like writing that is going to stop anyone from reselling it. I can't tell you how many copies of Sonic The Hedgehog I've bought over the years that said "Not For Resale" right on the front cover in big, bold, red letters.

Ahhhh....Sega Genesis...

smile.gif

Good memories.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Because you didn't buy it as a sperate game in the ifrst place, methinks.

I got a Zelda: Collector's Edition for $15 at GameStop, and it originally came with a GameCube. It said NOT FOR RESALE on the front.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The message is directed more to stores than consumers.
The store can't sell the cartridge as "brand new" alone, it must be included in a bundle with a DS Lite, because Nintendo send these bundles ready to stores.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs