Not every Pokémon will be available in Pokémon Sword and Shield

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Jun 13, 2019.

1. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Is this their answer to "how do we keep making pokemon after 1000?". Because that's a bad answer. You fraction the userbase and make a lot of people dissapointed.

2. JazzCat.CL

JazzCat.CL GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Chile
    I hope they fix this or at least include them via updates, that could be a "healthy" fix

DuoForce likes this.
  3. Condarkness_XY

Condarkness_XY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2018
    United States
    Where I want to be
    It will be a great day when we get a complete game with all Pokémon, open world and all regions. That day is a dream very far off.

RobXcore and AlexMCS like this.
  4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    While this was inevitable, E3 was a horrible choice of time to announce it.

Eventually there's going to be 1000s of Pokemon and it'll no longer be feasible to include them all in the development cycle of one game.

5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    It was a spin off game.

These are main series games.

A lot of people will keep playing Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon because Sword and Shield won't have their favourite Pokemon.

If Gamefreak had said Sword and Shield will be able to get Pokemon Transfered from the Let's Go Games fans wouldn't have outraged so badly since at least Sword and Shield would get the classic Pokemon.

jupitteer likes this.
  6. Bernhard

Bernhard Psycho

May 2, 2016
    United States
    If they had cut out that dynamax shit... sorry for my language, they would be able to transfer all pokemon to the new game...

I think that decision was stupid.. . but i try to be open about it and i am happy beeing able to fight wildlife again

7. Glitchk0ud1001

Glitchk0ud1001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere with Princess Unikitty
    It makes me angry Game Freak's Incompetence.

DuoForce likes this.
  8. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    You're right I won't be buying this shit.

Last edited by Dartz150, Jun 14, 2019
  9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    they said in an interview that they have no plans to add back the missing pokemon , mega evolution or z moves in latter patches at all.

DuoForce and Dartz150 like this.
  10. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    under your desk
    inb4 they pull a mario maker on us and change it in the last second so they seem like good people

DuoForce likes this.
  11. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Game freak could afford to sublet the job to effing DISNEY to crank out, rig, model and animate all 900+ critters, complete with (anime) vocals for the kind of ridiculous money they make off the franchise.

This is just peak turbo lazy at this point. Bad enough that they decided to "remedy" the performance hit of X/Y by basically disabling 3D support on the 3DS altogether. that was already an effing cop-out on their part.

Not surprising, but fucking insulting. Of course this would be Tajiri pulling this ego dick move.

DuoForce, DarthDub and Nekomaru like this.
  12. KasaiWolf

KasaiWolf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2013
    Scotland
    Ugh this is just sad. Defos a not buying from me, between not being able to actually catch em all and no Megas. These games are gonna be piss.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Good, I hope more and more people do this. It will teach GameFreak a lesson about not bringing out such a shit product.

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    They haven't made a decision one way or the other, technically.

BowlOfSpiders likes this.
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    saying they have no plans is no plans lol which by all means they dont have any plans to start working on the missing stuff so they likely wont.

15. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Hehe, this takes me back to the days of Ruby & Sapphire when they left some out of those... that didn't go down too well either! I would suspect a 'fix' in some shape or other will appear soon... Maybe a new variant of Stadium/Battle Revolution gets released next year including all omitted Pokemon or something? It's not quite as dev heavy as a new game - simply transfer all animation from Sword & Shield, leaving them to work on the others..
    I can understand the arguments from both sides of this particular fence though!

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    they actualy made another company genious sonority or whatever make pokemon colosseum and XD which had most of the missing ones, and then on fire red and leaf gren you had that stupid card thing where you could slide it an find some johto pokemons too.

mightymuffy likes this.
  17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I wasn't saying you were wrong, but it's important to note that if they had decided additional Pokémon won't come via future updates, they would have said so. Instead, they specifically said they haven't made a decision one way or another. There's no need to get catty.

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    No plans is a PR response to basicaly say no, if you ask any developer like will X agme have a switch release? they will always reply we hae no plans on releasing the x game on the switch.

No plans is a negation, its not being either way, its a NO that PR teams use really.

19. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I can't believe people actually want to cancel their preorders over this, esp. what I've seen on social media :lol:

20. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Why's this a big deal? Legit question here, not trying to prove a point. As someone outside of the franchise, I'd like to understand.