Not every Pokémon will be available in Pokémon Sword and Shield

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Daisy, Jun 13, 2019.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    x Y was 10 times better than Sun and moon imo, they just were amazingly boring, srs its the first pokemon game i had to force myself to finish and i have thousands of hours on most of them since gen 4, the enterely of sun and moon was boring and it was never exciting or anything, i loved x and y tough, felt great.Still dont understand why we didnt get Z or ZX/ZY but sun and moon got an even more boring 3rd version with nothing worthy to had really.

DarthDub and Xzi like this.
  2. Fer2317

Fer2317 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Played and buyed every pokemon since blue red, and like someone already stated the gimmick in pokemon its "catchem all" and not "catch a few that we put" so its a big letdown but on the bright side may be the fact that you dont have to focus on catching 800+ pokemons its gonna work in favor for a more fluid game and a fastest pokedex completion for the new generation of gamers, because lets face it complete the pokedex in USUN its a pain in the derrier it feels like a boring work that you have to do (if you are a poke fanatic like me) instead may be a pokedex less bulky and "easy to complete" give the new young gamers that feeling of acomplishment when they fill the pokedex for first time. :D

3. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Oh definitely, Sun/Moon are the only Pokemon games I actually hate. Way too much dialogue, it feels like you're stuck in a tutorial for more than half the game.

4. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    The game seems to have wide open fields with no interesting routes through them like we had in previous games before gen 6. It's like they took the horrible region they had with gen XY and made it worse.

5. LunarQueen626

LunarQueen626 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    I mean more along the lines of making the game more accessible (aka: less difficult than the OG games).

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there isnt a single hard pokemon game lol, sun and moon were probably the easiest ones ever where they basicaly explained every single step of the way to you, and then lets go was even easier, so yeah i doubt this game will be easier than sun/moon or pokemon lets go tbh.

7. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You have no idea where those wide open fields lead to, I think it's a mistake to assume it's just more of the same grassland forever. Imagine it more like BotW: we're likely to see caves, icy tundras, volcanoes, a little bit of everything.

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    based on england i dont think we will see vulcanoes :P
    there is always caves on every pokemon game sine well ever so that is to be expected.

jupitteer and Xzi like this.
  9. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Fair point, will be interesting to see how closely they stick to realistic landscapes.

10. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Uh... no. I just finished Pokémon X main story last week having finished Ultra Sun and Sun an year ago.
    Gen 6 was BY FAR the easiest, dullest and the emptiest, with the lame enemy team and your cheerleading rivals. I was more than 10 levels higher than anything the Elite Four had, with literally 0 grinding, and was usually overleveled for the whole game, even after switching like 5 pokes off the team for new, underleved ones (compared to the rest of the team), like my team was level 58-59 when I got the level 50 Xerneas. I still like it though, but it was definitely a huge step down from B2/W2.

Sun/Moon were instantly better for getting rid of HMs, having more of an impact in story and presentation, and a better enemy presence.
    I had to have a HM Slave (Pangoro) for pretty much the whole X run.

Let's Go was just a nostalgia cash grab. Still fun, other than no random poke fights and that stupid aim to catch mechanic.

As for the "not all pokemon are available" controversy, I've always played like this, with each title being standalone, so it does nothing for me.
    However, it is a huge blow to collectors/breeders/fanatics of the series, and I feel sorry for them.

What I do want from Nintendo (zero hopes in GameFreak doing it) is a Pokémon World game, encompassing all regions/mechanics.
    But I doubt they will ever do it.

jupitteer likes this.
  11. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    all this just for a dynamax gimmick that a grand total of 2 people actually care about

12. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    I don't play Pokemon I play dark souls, Fire emblem and age of empires you know games that are not pointless and repetetive catch and collect-a-thons.

13. Xzi

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    No need for the superiority complex, the strategy and tactics skills required in games like Fire Emblem very easily translate to Pokemon. Also there's plenty of item collecting that goes on in Dark Souls.

Japermen and KingVamp like this.
  14. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    Seriously, who cares as long as the game is actually fun like the DS games.

banjo2 and WiikeyHacker like this.
  15. WiikeyHacker

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    but unlike Pokemon which is aimed at "CHILRDEN" let me say that again CHILDREN aged from 6. I play games that actually require more thinking not just a rinse and repeat that has been going on for the past 20 plus years . Oooo throw a metal ball and enslave a animal to do more or less legal cock fighting. and fire emblem and dark souls aswell as age of empires are liteyears beter than a game that requires no skill to learn and is target for CHILDREN NOT ADULTS!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

last time i played was soul silver and then i gave up after realizing the game got stale. and stagnated only kept alive though the 30+ year old players that should be doing other things with there life and not waste it playing something their own kids could play. Oh who am I kidding those virgins would get laid unless it was pity sex and even then that would be pathetic. Even the Sims has more plot development than Pokemon.

16. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    To be fair, none of that is required to enjoy how casual Pokémon can be.

17. astrodraco

astrodraco Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    United States
    Honestly, what is the point of this message? Did you see the thread and get upset that people on a website formed from an adoration of Nintendo consoles has a discussion about Pokemon? Then you decided to click on the thread just to say you play over 9000 IQ video games?

DuoForce likes this.
  18. WiikeyHacker

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    nope , just think pokemon is a franchise that should of ended with gen 2 like it was supposed to with the help of the late genius that was iwata that made both kanto and jhoto in one game made it the ultimate game to end the series on plus it had everything to give it the perfect send off.

19. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Feb 17, 2017
    Comoros
    Pokémon Conquest

Last edited by SG854, Jun 15, 2019
    DuoForce likes this.
  20. WiikeyHacker

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    That game felt more of a pokemon ranger spinoff without the batonage mechanic added

thaikhoa likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted