Hacking Not enough space on the vWii to install wads

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there, I am trying to install some wads on my wiiu's xWii. I am able to install 4 or 5 of them, but if I go more a message would not letting me navigate the channel menu because of the full memory.

I tryed to move the installed channels on the sd card but I am not able to play them both from Wiiflow and by channel menu. How can I install wads directly on the sd? There is another way to install many wads without care ofthe small memory the vwii have?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly the size of the sd card is the problem. I don't think the vwii can read sdxc cards when it comes to channels. I had this problem myself, and what I did was make an emuNAND (2, one for the games to show up, and another for using neek2o). then, load everything through usb loader gx.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly the size of the sd card is the problem. I don't think the vwii can read sdxc cards when it comes to channels. I had this problem myself, and what I did was make an emuNAND (2, one for the games to show up, and another for using neek2o). then, load everything through usb loader gx.

Doesn't the vWii have it's own amount of alloted space? I have a 32 gb sd card (not sdxc) with plenty of space, but I was only able to install about 6-7 wads that I had made forwarders for the Wii U menu for using TeconMoon's injector, then I was out of space.

I guess using USB Loader GX might be the only way around the space, but I keep all my games on Wii U menu so it doesn't really help me.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has its own space, yes. I forgot the error message via an sd card. come to think of it, it might've been from using my wii's vc games. I just can't remember if I did that.

edit: now that I think about it, I think I got the same error installing to system memory, then copying to the sd. when opening the game, it errors immediately, so I think it has to do with the size of the sd card, 'cause I'm using a 256GB card.

Last edited by godreborn,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That I know you cant use anything higher than 32gb unless you have all the tools necessary.Even then you would still run into issues.Thats why its recommended unless your dumping games or the wiiu's nand.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, basically if I use a 32gb sd card I will not have to care about space and istall wads untill the sd card i full right? I am using a 64gb sd card, but at least I am only using 20gb of it, changing to a 32gb would not be a problem, all my games are isntalld on 2 different hard disc drives.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, wii originally has 512MB of internal memory. (So the wii u also has allocated exactly that much to the vWii) In order to expand that for wii ware/vc titles, a SD card is needed. You would have to install the games on the wii internal memory first, then move it to SD card after. The SD card should be at max 32GB. Though from previous experience, you can use bigger sizes SD, but you need GUI Format to "Format" the SD card to "FAT 32" which is the only way to use SDXC. It will work, but expect potential of incompatibility.

GUIFormat can be found HERE. Simply, select the drive letter for a SD card (the one that is bigger than 32GB) and select the allocation size unit to "32XXX" and start. As for loading games using wiiflow, I hope someone else can answer that. Hope this was helpful. :ninja:

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, wii originally has 512MB of internal memory. (So the wii u also has allocated exactly that much to the vWii) In order to expand that for wii ware/vc titles, a SD card is needed. You would have to install the games on the wii internal memory first, then move it to SD card after. The SD card should be at max 32GB. Though from previous experience, you can use bigger sizes SD, but you need GUI Format to "Format" the SD card to "FAT 32" which is the only way to use SDXC. It will work, but expect potential of incompatibility.

GUIFormat can be found HERE. Simply, select the drive letter for a SD card (the one that is bigger than 32GB) and select the allocation size unit to "32XXX" and start. As for loading games using wiiflow, I hope someone else can answer that. Hope this was helpful. :ninja:

Hi thx :)

Actually I am using a 64gb sd and is already formatted on fat32, but if I move the installed channels on it, I am not ableto launch them both from vwii menu and wiiflow

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thx :)

Actually I am using a 64gb sd and is already formatted on fat32, but if I move the installed channels on it, I am not ableto launch them both from vwii menu and wiiflow
That's probably because you don't have enough space on the internal memory. Try making more space on there. When loading a game from SD card, the wii temporary stores the game on the internal storage in order to play.

Example is Sonic 3 is 100MB and Sonic 2 is 50MB. If your wii has 75MB free, you can load sonic 2 from SD because it's 50MB but not sonic 3 cause is 100MB. The file size is over the free space. You need to make the internal storage more free. If it was 125MB, then you can load sonic 3.

The game loads on to the internal storage. If you play sonic 2, the system will use 50MB to play sonic 2 from the SD Card. When you select a new game, it will clear the 50MB the previous game used and load the new game on there. Since the file size depends on the game, you need to always make sure your internal storage has enough space free to play the games off the SD card. Hope that makes sense. :ninja:

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's probably because you don't have enough space on the internal memory. Try making more space on there. When loading a game from SD card, the wii temporary stores the game on the internal storage in order to play.

Example is Sonic 3 is 100MB and Sonic 2 is 50MB. If your wii has 75MB free, you can load sonic 2 from SD because it's 50MB but not sonic 3 cause is 100MB. The file size is over the free space. You need to make the internal storage more free. If it was 125MB, then you can load sonic 3.

The game loads on to the internal storage. If you play sonic 2, the system will use 50MB to play sonic 2 from the SD Card. When you select a new game, it will clear the 50MB the previous game used and load the new game on there. Since the file size depends on the game, you need to always make sure your internal storage has enough space free to play the games off the SD card. Hope that makes sense. :ninja:

Thanks again, but actually how can I let wiiflow to see the channels moved on the sd card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.