Not easy to talk about games

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok this is GBA Temp, and it's not odd to think most would be talking about predominantly Nintendo based games.

Sorry can't help ya there, as so often the games released mean diddly to me.

But I still like games, I just like games that are often very niche very isolated in market.

Just the other day (Monday I think) Slitherine released the very cool expansion Market Garden (that's a famous battle guys) for their game Battle Academy.

http://www.slitherine.com/

Noooooow the reason you might actually care, is Battle Academy might actually appeal to you. Because unlike most of my wargames (which are admittedly dull) this game is actually very approachable, actually fun to play and not at all complicated. Not only that, but it is not expensive.

game_1277805335.jpg

It is not an RTS design, it uses turns. And the multi player is killer simple to use.
There is also a previous explansion called Blitzkrieg France as well as a demo if you want to check this game out.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I like those rare gems unnoticed by the public too.
EXAMPLE: Metal Arms: Glitch In The System.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
Ok this is GBA Temp, and it's not odd to think most would be talking about predominantly Nintendo based games.
OH SILLY! GBAtemp is an underground gaming community! you can talk about whatever games you want!
GBAtemp used to host GBA roms back in 2002, that's why it was called that. There was no reason to change the name when it became a forum!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emigre said:
Can I go into a first person perspective and shoot things?

Nope, best analogy, think Chess, you have a modest sized battlezone (which is nice as a lot of my wargames feature maps that mean a lot of scrolling around), and you have a modest sized force pool of forces some of which appear during the course of the game as reinforcements. You are tasked with obtaining objectives, specific locations on the map (something not uncommon to other types of games actually). Your units move much like chess pieces and how you move them, when you move them, and in which order you move them determines a lot of how you get responded to by your opponent.

The view is isomorphic 3d. The graphics are nice, light on the detail load and there are slight animations. The interface is incredibly user friendly.

The battles don't take too long (again not a common comment in wargames).

And just as with say a game of Starcraft 2, if you suck, your opponent hands you your butt on a platter
smile.gif

And you will lose more often than not to a better player, so there is a point to learning to play well (unless you like being beaten I suppose).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...