Hacking Not easy for every people who have a M3i Zero (M3real too)

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello everyone...

About M3i Zero, what's going on with this team ?!

Now we have two kinds of M3i Zero, before "Z003" and the "Z003", but:

For M3i Zero before Z003:
They cant be upgraded by firmware, so they dont work on 1.4.3E or 1.4.3U !
But they can have better game compatibility with "YSMenu" than what it is in the last "SYSTEM"

For M3i Zero Z003:
They can be upgraded by firmware and they work on 1.4.3E & 1.4.3U,
but they dont have compatibility with last games !!!

So, M3i Zero Z003 or before, are now, totaly useless if we compare with other Flashcards ? (except for iEDGE :ninja: )

Please, M3 TEAM, can you do something for your M3i Zero (and for M3 REAL) customers ? :(

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
How can we tell which one we have?
if you have a Z003 on your sticker you know what you have
and if you dont have this info on your sticker, you have the other kind!

Actually you can update it without cable to work on 1.4.3 A,E & U. I'm running it now.
if you already flashed your M3i Zero with this firmware, you have a Z003,
so, what is your game compatibility ?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I realise it's not an easy or convenient option for everyone, but if you have an M3i Zero and are reasonably dissatisfied with it (which is a lot of people), you should just go and buy a new flashcart.

Even the basic features of the flashcart like working on current DSi firmware or playing the games, or going into sleep mode fail miserably.

They have been a failure of a team for a long time now, alright? Ditch them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not just but a new flashcard? M3 has been pretty much dead for months now, why rely on them at this point? Hell recently I declared that I am no longer supporting the M3 Quad-boot since there is no point supporting a dead card.

Reactions: 2 people

Dakdas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of those poor shmucks with a Z003, and for what it's worth there are only 2 games that I've found that will no play under any circumstance. Mario/DK Mini and the London Life part of the latest Professor Layton game. Everything else typically requires an AP patch, but still runs.

Seeing as how the DS is winding down, I can't really see a reason to bother replacing the thing. I'd really like to play London Life, but I can live. I sure wouldn't recommend this card for a new buyer, that's for sure. But being this far in it, I'm not going to buy another one.

AngelChen

Trophies
XP
Hello, I have GMP-Z003, but I have no idea how to get the new update? I have f core 1.6.1 and the System files etc. from last year, and I just upgraded to 1.4.3u yesterday. Can someone tell me which files I should be downloading? :(

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I have GMP-Z003, but I have no idea how to get the new update? I have f core 1.6.1 and the System files etc. from last year, and I just upgraded to 1.4.3u yesterday. Can someone tell me which files I should be downloading? :(
Please do yourself some good and buy a new flashcard, like an Acekard 2i, you will be a happier person if you do

Reactions: 1 person

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
one other question, what is the solution, if somebody buy a brand new M3i Zero Z003,
and have a DSi in 1.4.3E ?

Because it's impossible to flash this new M3i Zero in 1.4.3 with an "F_CORE.DAT"
so if you want to use your M3i Zero Z003, you need to flash it with the last "F_CORE.DAT"
and, find a DS/DSLite or DSi /DSi XL with it can work, to flash it with the 1.4.3 firmware, who only exist in ".NDS" file!!!

Where are their Brains ???

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
A new core is out for EVERY M3i Zero to be compatible with 3DS V-3.0.0-5 and DSi 1.4.3E

Good new, but still no new "SYSTEM"... :(

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope, not every m3i.
the update file will work on every m3i, but it only updates z003's to the latest core version.
others are "updated" to the same old chessmaster version most of us where already using.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have still been checking on this every day since I had the news item pulled. This cart is still ~$20 and you guys are saying that there is issues with both. Sheesh. Good thing I have dstwo and acekard also. This is rather disappointing. I thought the whole point of buying the M3i Zero in the first place was to be able to upgrade it without a console and also to update it beyond Nintendo's fixes. From what I see here, I don't think I should buy another M3i Zero to get the Z003 version but rather I would be much better of purchasing an Acekard 2i or another dstwo (just to keep a set with my other 3DS console).

Well I will keep checking back and if they post a fix then we'll front page it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1