Misc Not connecting to WiFi at all with my DS Lite

boogercruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Dlink Dir-400 wireless router and i cannot connect to it at all with my nintendo ds lite. I even turned off the security in the router and i am still getting the annoying error code 51300/51301 (which according to nintendo.com is a wep issue.....strange beacuse i still get either with the security off). I am detecting the networks but the connection test fails, my MAC filtering is off but i do have port forwarding and my pc and laptop has static adresses asigned.....I am trying to play MarioKart online for the longest while but i can't ...Can anyone from the community please help....Thanks

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try setting your router to Mixed mode (ie. use both Wireless-B and Wireless-G protocols at the same time).

Turn on DHCP on your router. (so it can auto assign an IP to your DS)

On your DS, try using the Manual Setup option:

SSID: type in your network ID, you can find this in your router setup
Security: choose WEP (enter your key as well) or None (not recommended)
Auto Obtain IP: Yes
Auto Obtain DNS: Yes

This is the all I can suggest since I don't know what the options are for your router and what they're set to.

boogercruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I resolved the problem, by buying another router...lol it seems the DIR-400 is noit compatible with the ds.......now if i could stop my mariokart from disconnecting when im in the 4/4 race
ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol