Not connecting to WiFi at all with my DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by boogercruiser, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. boogercruiser
    OP

Newcomer boogercruiser Newbie

United States
    I have a Dlink Dir-400 wireless router and i cannot connect to it at all with my nintendo ds lite. I even turned off the security in the router and i am still getting the annoying error code 51300/51301 (which according to nintendo.com is a wep issue.....strange beacuse i still get either with the security off). I am detecting the networks but the connection test fails, my MAC filtering is off but i do have port forwarding and my pc and laptop has static adresses asigned.....I am trying to play MarioKart online for the longest while but i can't ...Can anyone from the community please help....Thanks

2. boogercruiser
    OP

United States
    Also i can get a nintendo WiFi connector from a distributor here will it amend this problem, i hope i don't need it because they are calling 80.00 USD

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Try setting your router to Mixed mode (ie. use both Wireless-B and Wireless-G protocols at the same time).

Turn on DHCP on your router. (so it can auto assign an IP to your DS)

On your DS, try using the Manual Setup option:

SSID: type in your network ID, you can find this in your router setup
    Security: choose WEP (enter your key as well) or None (not recommended)
    Auto Obtain IP: Yes
    Auto Obtain DNS: Yes

This is the all I can suggest since I don't know what the options are for your router and what they're set to.

4. boogercruiser
    OP

United States
    I resolved the problem, by buying another router...lol it seems the DIR-400 is noit compatible with the ds.......now if i could stop my mariokart from disconnecting when im in the 4/4 race [​IMG]