Not charging well after installing Henkaku?

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sup! I recently got myself a FAT Oled PS Vita, it used to charge well until I downgraded it to firmware 3.60 and since then I wasn't able to charge it. The charge feels so unstable and I can't seem to display the orange PS Logo. I already tried reseating the battery and using different power sources.

Last edited by Mayo1990,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the charging light won't turn orange unless it's off. you can tell it's charging by the little squiggly line of electricity in the power bar when it's on.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the charging light won't turn orange unless it's off. you can tell it's charging by the little squiggly line of electricity in the power bar when it's on.
The console is already off. And when I turn it on it doesn't show the line of electricity in the battery.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I've never had this problem after downgrading. you might try a system restore, but take the memory card or sd2vita out when you do that. something may be corrupted with it.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@godreborn ,the orange light is also there when you charge it in standby and then goes out above 90% or turns green if you check the charge status,of course on PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso.
The console is already off. And when I turn it on it doesn't show the line of electricity in the battery.
@Yayo1990 ,have you tried to change usb cable?

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@godreborn ,the orange light is also there when you charge it in standby and then goes out above 90% or turns green if you check the charge status,of course on PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso.

@Yayo1990 ,have you tried to change usb cable?
I ordered a new cable, it'll arrive tomorrow. I also googled every single solution I could have tried, the only one I didn't give a shot at is to unscrew the shell and reseating the battery physically.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I ordered a new cable, it'll arrive tomorrow. I also googled every single solution I could have tried, the only one I didn't give a shot at is to unscrew the shell and reseating the battery physically.
@Yayo1990 for example,i charge my PS Vita Slim with a usb cable from my old LG L3 smartphone(E400)and charger from my old Samsung Galaxy Note 4,with which I also charge my Galaxy Note 9 by changing only the micro usb to type-c cable.
Hopefully it's not a hardware problem.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Yayo1990 for example,i charge my PS Vita Slim with a usb cable from my old LG L3 smartphone(E400)and charger from my old Samsung Galaxy Note 4,with which I also charge my Galaxy Note 9 by changing only the micro usb to type-c cable.
Hopefully it's not a hardware problem.
The FAT Oled model has its proprietary plug, sadly. It doesn't use the micro USB/Type C plug.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Small update: the new cable worked, but I haven't plugged the PS Vita since yesterday morning, but when I moved it a small inch it stopped charging again. When I plugged it on the PC as curiosity to see if my PC would see it I got a message talking about USB voltage
1635871929209.png

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Small update: the new cable worked, but I haven't plugged the PS Vita since yesterday morning, but when I moved it a small inch it stopped charging again. When I plugged it on the PC as curiosity to see if my PC would see it I got a message talking about USB voltage
View attachment 282832
@Yayo1990 ,does the cable move when you connect it to the PS Vita?

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well. not sure if this'll help to you but here's my exp with charaging issue on my ps vita for the battery that i have nocited recently:

- but im running henkaku enso on 3.65,
- model is ps vita 1000 OLED
- the battery charges up to 90-93% when the system is running, and stops charging at around 90-93%. (blue charge light)
- But it'll charge beyond 93% like 100%/98% when the system is off (orange charge light).

not sure why this happens, but if you want to charge the battery of your vita to full (100%) or so. charge it when the system is off, as when it is on, till only charge to a certain % and not to max for some weird reason? maybe the cfw or something else prevents it from going to full when the system is in use/running?

maybe it could be model related? the ps vita 1st gen is more prone to battery issues than the 2nd gen model?
or not, i really dontknow.
this does not happen on 3ds/switch or andriod or psp systems when they are in use, you can "charge n play" them simulatanilouly without any side effects on the battery, maybe the cfw is what causes the decreased/not charging well battery issue for the ps vita?

hope this helps you in some way :)

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Might be worth giving the "battery fixer" vpk a shot...
https://github.com/SKGleba/PSP2-batteryFixer/releases/tag/v2.1
is this vpk safe/okay to use?
i tryed using it and aftering running it, turning on my system, it showed the day/time/year setting (reset battery)
it intimately shut off.
to fix my system i had to remove the sd2vita and reinsert it back to be able to boot up the system without a crash.

for me this vpk did not work, maybe that's why i got that crash on boot after the battery reset. and i had used the leatest vpk version (2.1)

i read somewere here in another post that the batteryfixer vpk was not okay to use for some reason?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd not heard anything about it not being okay to use - I know it's been tested on fw's 3.52 - 3.70, so presume it's okay to run on anything running those (with the obvious exception of the PSTV).
Did it create a log in ur0:temp/batteryFixer.log ?
Did you get to this screen...
screen1.jpg

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol