Hacking Not Bricked but got an issue with non sync'd controllers

Parky76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i have pre loader installed which automatically boots into USB GUII loader.

The issue is both my wii controllers aren't sync'd. It doesnt want to sync them in pre loader or while in the Guii loader. Before I just had 1 controller that wasn't sync'd but i just used the other controller to go into the sys menu and then i could re-sync the other controller.

Anyone got any ideas on how i can sync my controllers? Do i need to get a Gamecube controller?

Thanks

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you need a Gamecube controller. I made the mistake of syncing all my remotes to another Wii, then coming home and realizing I couldn't resync them. If Preloader autobooted to the System Menu, you'd be all set as you could sync from there. What you need to do is hold down reset when you turn on your Wii, use a GC controller to navigate Preloader, and get yourself into the System Menu. Then you can resync your remotes, and from now on, if you're going to have Preloader autoboot to a loader, make sure to keep at least one of your remotes synced to your Wii to avoid a bit of hassle.

It's always handy to have a gamecube controller anyway though, and you can pick one up cheap, so no big deal.

Parky76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I thought would be the case.

Just been asking mates if they have one, so looks like a cheap one from ebay is the best bet.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)