Gaming not bothering with games again because you're stuck

dewp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am i the only one guilty of this?..

I think it's because of me being an online FPS gamer the past few years that's brainwashed me to be like this - Log onto a server kill a few people for 10 mins, if I keep getting killled i'll go to another server. simple.

what i seem to do though is just leave games recently that i'm stuck on - for example I must be pretty much near the end of 'zelda sand of time - see i've forgotten the name lol' but got sick of the temple bs - didn't know where to go and haven't played it in about 4 months..

revenant wings i'm like 17 hours in, am stuck on a boss (forgot who and just haven't bothered to try again - and don't really want to - it's gay because i've put so much time into them already and they are unfinished. there's a few more but i dunno.

I'm starting to play chrono trigger now and am thinking wtf is the point i'll probs not finish it.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"It's gay because i've put so much time into them"

Sounds homosexual. On a serious note, I do the same thing. Except I usually come back and finish the game later. Just have some motivation.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
yeah its happened to me a couple of times
i think its a side effect of the Pirate Syndrome.
Me too, when I bought my games, I always beat them and got everything I could out of it. But now...

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
+1
I always finished my DS games 100% when i bought them.
But now...
Ugh it makes me feel like a horrible gamer just thinking about it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
tinymonkeyt said:

I used to appreciate my games a lot more when I paid money for them. Now way too often I play something for a couple of days and then move over to the next one!
frown.gif

smileipb2.png

Shadowinfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:
tinymonkeyt said:
+1
I always finished my DS games 100% when i bought them.
But now...
Ugh it makes me feel like a horrible gamer just thinking about it.

Plus you can't beat anything anyway

I pretty much never beat anything anymore, aside from short games. Rarely for difficulty, but with a larger selection, things just get boring more quickly.

B

ball2012003

i did this for a couple games like proffersor layton and dementium
but then i went back to them so the guilt did not eat me alive

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres plenty of games that Ive never finished and never will finish. Like what tiny said its a side effect on pirate syndrome. But like you I have stopped playing games that weren't pirated.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
I used to appreciate my games a lot more when I paid money for them. Now way too often I play something for a couple of days and then move over to the next one!
frown.gif

Precisely!
The last game I paid for was Hotel Dusk.
You better believe I finished that $30 investment!
I was a decent game and all, but if I'd gotten it after I had a flashcard
(even just the MMD I got right after this point)
there's no damn way I would have finished it.

(I had to use an FAQ.
Yep, I'm a fucktard.)

A game has to really tickle my nipples before I'll finish it, these days.

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to do this, probably due to the old pirate syndrome, but these days if I am really getting over a game and think I wont bother anymore, I whack on a few cheats and just breeze through to see the end.

I'd rather cheat and miss out on some gameplay than leave it half finished.

I did this in Final Fantasy 4 DS (finished the snes one years ago) I must admit, though the only cheats I used were the save anywhere and hold B to avoid random encounters, really sped up the pace a bit towards the end.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Yeah I get the Pirate Syndrome heaps these days, especially seeing as Ive got 50 games on my flashcart I think to myself "What the fuck am I doing, there are 50 games here I can atleast like one of them." But yeah I played TWEWY on my flashcart because I couldnt find it in stores, I beat it then found it in stores, bought it and played it again xD. I think the best way to over come this is to buy a game once and a while :3.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
dewp said:
I'm starting to play chrono trigger now and am thinking wtf is the point i'll probs not finish it.

So the only point to a game is to finish it ?
If you have that mentality either way if you finish or not games are pretty much pointless.
If your only motivation of playing a game is to finish it or perform well then of course it would hard to last the full game!!!
Somewhere along they way my friend you've lost your mojo....you forgot that gaming spirit that was in you the day you played your first game.
See the truth is there is no point to playing games they are just meant to be fun.
It does not matter if you finish or not just enjoy the ride.

I rarely finish games but my problem is because I have toooo many and before I finish one another shiny new game is released.
This coupled with the fact that games take up time from real life achievements such as making money and being creative I find it hard to get involved in one game. Also as a gamer I have played everything under the sun and am hard to impress.
Game with great storylines and mystery seam to help though.
Fallout 3 is one of the best games ..I actually may finish it.
but if I get bored or need to spend time making games or sumthing ill have no problem with forgetting it.

Life is to short to see/play/finish every game,book,movie.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Yeah I get the Pirate Syndrome heaps these days, especially seeing as Ive got 50 games on my flashcart I think to myself "What the fuck am I doing, there are 50 games here I can atleast like one of them." But yeah I played TWEWY on my flashcart because I couldnt find it in stores, I beat it then found it in stores, bought it and played it again xD. I think the best way to over come this is to buy a game once and a while :3.

wow we only appreciate those things that are hard to get ?
probably true....

thats why we only feel good when we spend lots of money buying designer clothes but feel shit buying cheap clothes.
But both are made in china.
Maybe shops should increase prices so we respect the things we buy more. lol

its why we arnt attracted to girls who dont play hard to get.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uuuh, don't think i have ever stopped playing a game because i got stuck, then again don't really feel like i get stuck that much.. I'm usually playing a few games at the time though so sometimes i switchover from one game to another, but then again that is not really related too if I'm stuck or not, usually if i feel like playing something else it is probably because it gets repetitive/boring/too easy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended