OArikadoO

OP
Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Some of you may know me from the Wii homebrew/hacking scene.

I'm pleased to announce that I've created three bruteforcers for the popular social networking website Twitter.

For those who don't know, bruteforcers are programs which crack passwords by trying every possible password until they try the correct one. Thus, these twitter bruteforcers can essentially get any password of any account.

More information and the Windows releases is here: LINK REMOVED

I plan to release the source (which can be compiled for MAC and Linux as well as Windows) in about three days.

Enjoy!

--Arikado

OArikadoO

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Technically you can use them for whatever you want. However, I do NOT support or condone using them illegally.

So, some good legal uses would be hacking your friends account with their permission and/or password recovery.

Posts merged

Satangel said:
Bixbite said:
So the point of this is to hack people's accounts? Or password recovery?

To hack people's accounts.

I think this is against the rules though, no cracks allowed and this is sort of a crack.
It's not a crack of anysort. A crack itself already has the password obtained. This is just a tool which can obtain passwords. It in itself is not illegal.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OArikadoO said:
Technically you can use them for whatever you want. However, I do NOT support or condone using them illegally.

So, some good legal uses would be hacking your friends account with their permission and/or password recovery.

Posts merged

Satangel said:
Bixbite said:
So the point of this is to hack people's accounts? Or password recovery?

To hack people's accounts.

I think this is against the rules though, no cracks allowed and this is sort of a crack.
It's not a crack of anysort. A crack itself already has the password obtained. This is just a tool which can obtain passwords. It in itself is not illegal.

But it can (and mostly will be) used for illegal things.
I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether or not to remove this topic, but I don't approve of such things being posted on GBAtemp.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Satangel said:
But it can (and mostly will be) used for illegal things.
*cough*Backup Launchers*cough*

tongue.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with video games so this should be deleted for that reason alone. It's getting out of hand with people treating this site like it's digg.com

OArikadoO

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
It has nothing to do with video games so this should be deleted for that reason alone. It's getting out of hand with people treating this site like it's digg.com
Then move it to the Offtopic forum. There's no reason to delete this as it is certainly not illegal or against the rules in any way. I can understand if it's not wanted in the User Submitted News forum though if everyone truly believes that this doesn't constitute as 'news'.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering how elusive the common key for the DSi is, even with that bruteforcer, I can imagine how it'd be nearly impossible to get a password like this. With the common key, I think the possible combination is like 2^16 and it would still take over a thousand years (I forgot the number). Here it would be x raised to at least the 52 power, where x is the max characters, just accounting for upper and lower case letters.

Actually, it'd be much more complicated than that because you can have, I assume a password from maybe 5-12 characters, but it's been a long time since I was in a statistics class
tongue.gif

OArikadoO

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Twitter passwords can be 6 - 100 characters in length.

Most people have a password 8 - 15 characters in length.

To most effectively use these programs, you should pick a popular size range (8 - 15 characters for example) and have the sequential ascending bruteforcer work from the bottom up, the sequential descending bruteforcer work from the top down, and as many randomized bruteforcers as possible guess at the combinations in between.

I was able to crack a friends 7 character password in a little over 2 weeks. It was one of the randomized one's I was running that got it.

Also, just so everyone knows, it would be EXTREMELY simple for Twitter to update their security system to put an end to all bruteforce attacks. Perhaps Twitter can just consider this release a simple heads up.

Lastly, for anyone who might care: My twitter is here: LINK REMOVED

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
Twitter passwords can be 6 - 100 characters in length.

Most people have a password 8 - 15 characters in length.

To most effectively use these programs, you should pick a popular size range (8 - 15 characters for example) and have the sequential ascending bruteforcer work from the bottom up, the sequential descending bruteforcer work from the top down, and as many randomized bruteforcers as possible guess at the combinations in between.

I was able to crack a friends 7 character password in a little over 2 weeks. It was one of the randomized one's I was running that got it.

Also, just so everyone knows, it would be EXTREMELY simple for Twitter to update their security system to put an end to all bruteforce attacks. Perhaps Twitter can just consider this release a simple heads up.

Lastly, for anyone who might care: My twitter is here: LINK REMOVED
Two weeks? Thats makes me feel a little better about this. But still I really dont like the idea of someone getting into my account.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stealing other's passwords and entering their account without their permission is identity theft. I understand you don't condone that, but unlike programs for modding consoles, this can directly affect people, not a machine. As such, we can't allow links to a program like this. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.