Not all games loaded onto Mini SD card are showing in the game list

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by bladesman582, May 9, 2014.

1. bladesman582
    OP

bladesman582 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2009
    United States
    Hey all, I have a question about my recently-purchased EZ-Flash IV. I read a setup guide here on GBATemp and got the EZ4 kernel to install, and am able to run almost every game I've tried (save for the Boktai games; I get a white screen when I try to run them, but that's a whole 'nother story).

However, when I scroll through the list of games alphabetically in the EZ-Flash IV menu it stops at the end of the 'P's (Pokemon Emerald, in my case) and there are no more games listed despite the fact that I loaded many more onto my SD card. Does anyone know why this issue is occurring? My only guess is that there's a limit to how many games can appear in the EZ-Flash menu.

Since I'm a new owner of an EZ-Flash card I don't really know why this is happening, so any advice would be appreciated!

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    you are correct in there is a limit per folder
    I think its about 80 files
    so just create a second folder on the root and add the remaining roms to that folder

3. bladesman582
    OP

bladesman582 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2009
    United States
    Thank you for the quick response! So I can copy and paste the additional files in my first rom folder into a new one? Or do I have to re-send the additional games?

4. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Since they are already patched you can just cut and paste them.

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    just create a new folder and cut and paste the rest of the roms that dont show up, thats it, dont need to use the application
    leave the SAVE folder alone

6. bladesman582
    OP

bladesman582 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2009
    United States
    That seemed to do the trick. Thanks a lot for the help!