Not able to copy some games to USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by the_rhino_uk, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009
  1. the_rhino_uk
    OP

Newcomer the_rhino_uk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have USB Loader GX up and running on my wii (softmoded on a PAL running v4.1E) and I started to add some games to my HDD (which is an Iomega 320GB USB2.0) but some of them stop through the transfer and seem to hang the wii.

I've been able to copy some over (like Resident Evil 4 Wii and Wii fit) but when I tried to copy Mario Kart Wii it (on both occasions I tried) got to a certain point and then just hung.

It also hung on Boom Blox too so it wasn't just that game. I haven't tried others as I was thinking that perhaps it could be the HDD that is the problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

Could it be my HDD that is causing the problem or are there some games that always give USB Loader some problems?

Also is there any HDD that come very recommended to use with USB loader as I have checked the compatibility list and there are loads of options!!

2. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Are they backups? They could be bad copies (hanging at the same point would indicate that) plus usbloader 1.0 (which is what GX is based on) is not good as good for ripping games as 1.5. It would be much easier to do it via a WBFS Manager on your PC.

3. the_rhino_uk
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope, they are original game discs that I want to put onto my HDD (for the super fast loading)!

Mario Kart failed at different points (the 2nd time it almost got to the end, 80% along). That is what made me think it could be the HDD.

Can you use WBFS to rip original game disks? I thought you could only import ISO's through WBFS manager? Is so would it be better to just rip the orginal game discs to ISO and then import them (how do you do that 'cos I can read the or disc's via imgburn to dump an ISO).

Any recomnedations on what HDD to get? Based on the UBS Loader compatibility list I am leaning towrads the Maxtor Basics 500GB the WD Elements 500GB OR the Transcend 320GB StoreJet 2.5?

4. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    The WBFS comment was based on the assumption you were running backups so no you cant use it with retails AFAIK. You could try downloading a 1.5 based USB loader or even the official 1.5 version and trying to rip with that to see if it makes a difference. Like I said the 1.5 version is better at ripping than 1.0/1.1 versions. I cant comment on HDD recommendations as I just used a 240GB WD Internal Drive with an el cheapo enclosure from ebay - works like a charm though.

5. the_rhino_uk
    OP

United Kingdom
    I installed the latest ver of USB Loader GX and also ran an update so I 'think' I am already on 1.5. I will have to check tonight as I might have downloaded a older version.

I am suspicious of my Iomega as I reckon it might be dying (its quite old) so I have bought a WD Elements 640GB and will use that. With any luck when I get that up and running I will be able to rip the games easier.

EDIT : Just checked what I downloaded and I did install USBLoader GX v 1.0. I guess I am still on ver 1.0 (even with the update). Is it worth going up to 1.5, there isn't any drawbacks is there (or less compatibility and addition things need to be installed)? Unless I have missed the point and there isn't a USB Loader GX 1.5 but you where referring to another USB loader.....

Thanks

6. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    He's talking about a USB loader based on the original Waninkoko v1.5 USB Loader.....nothing to do with GX at all. Try Configurable USB Loader (thread in this forum) and try to copy your games with that. Who knows, you might even like it better than GX [​IMG]