Not a suggestion, just a congrats I suppose :)

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I first joined GBAtemp, it was only for the news on cracks and what not for the games. I joined last year, and I was more of just a lurker. I have a fun time posting on message boards because of people and what not. And back when I first discovered GBAtemp, I thought I wasn't going to fit in. I thought everybody was just big douche bags who shot everybody down who didn't know everything about DS and flashcards and what not.

Back then, I was a member on a different site, KHInsider. I was an avid poster on that, with over 15k posts. I loved the site. Mainly the general gaming discussion. Then I got banned for a crap reason, and I haven't been able to find a good board that I would check often.

I knew of GBAtemp, but never posted avidly. But now I've been visiting every day, posting every day, and while some parts of the forums I won't go near [im picky and like to stick to one or two sections]... I have to say, the GBAtemp mods are amazing. They actually do their job unlike KHI's mods who just dicked around. The community on this site is amazing. Definitely very friendly, unlike KHI's again, who were just assholes and mod's just didn't care.

This isn't a suggestion or anything, I'm just glad that this site accepts everybody. The community [all the members] and the staff are amazing. Good job guys. I'm glad I joined
smile.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, it's not a suggestion.
But I do note that you never had an introduction thread
Though you're not exactly a newcomer, that's where I believe this belongs.

We're glad to have you here.
grog.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's because I don't do introductions lol. I just join. I find introductions to be pointless, at least for me anyways. I've never given one anywhere. But.. okay? lol

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to gbatemp! dude
Read the rules! dude
I made my introduction like 3 years after =D so ive been longer then a few members that have high post. I started posting in gbatemp because I found the EoF! Dude
(EoF = Edge of Forum)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey
happy.gif

Welcome to the Temp! I am the Cat Boy and I am the keeper of The Angry Bear Cavalry and I only unleash them on rule breakers, so don't go breaking those rules
yay.gif

Enjoy your stay!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tails100 said:
Welcome to gbatemp! dude
Read the rules! dude
I made my introduction like 3 years after =D so ive been longer then a few members that have high post. I started posting in gbatemp because I found the EoF! Dude
(EoF = Edge of Forum)
You've barely been a member for two years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released