Hacking (not a release) Hackers have now confirmed PS Vita piracy

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow should I buy one?
I'd say yes. They're pretty cheap now, sans the still exorbitantly priced memory cards. Even if we don't see the release of the pirating techniques for a few weeks, we've still got some KICKASS homebrew to stave off the itch.

*There's also VitaTV's btw. They're around $30 I think. Great alternative to the Vita in terms of price.

Last edited by Sabishinbo,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll really like to know more about the "out of the box" things there. Guess Sony is going to get more money due to people now buying those expensive memory cards xD.
I would lol if someone releases a flashcard that uses MicroSD :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if is possible, now you know what is gonna happen? HUGE PRICE RAISE in the systems and as if the memory cards isn't already over charged prices enough. But good thing i already have a vita and vita tv since day one. So i'm okay. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE WHO DON'T! Now i will need a ps4 to play Phantasy star online 2 cause we know is not gonna be on vita in usa, with the potential piracy. :glare:

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Would be tough, consider the size is very comparable/similar.
I'm sure its possible, just won't be really portable, probably some makeshift adapter with wires sticking out.

QZCfHix.jpg

unless we can make an adapter for the game slot instead, something like this:
pic6.png

Last edited by Kazesama,
Reactions: Ricken

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be a little bit more to it, is probably much like nintendo region locked consoles back in the day, where they had different shape carts depending on region, so only they fit into the system, but then that be too easy, what if that isn't enough, what if we alter shape and it still don't work? It could be special chip encrypted program that only those cards can do, i dunno but it sounds complicated, but could be worth the trouble is required to make it possible. :unsure:

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think any microsd adapter would require software (kernel) patches on the vita side to disable the authentication (which I think is specifically there to prevent clone cards).

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about instead of sd card, use memory sticks, it was used by psp so maybe there some possible similar things. But i could be wrong, it had no encryption just like SD cards don't so maybe not. But it could be a clue. :unsure:

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Great or bad news, the last batch of vita games would be released in the end of 2016 and the system would die eventually, so will the 3ds I guess in 2017 maybe?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Someone is actually working on an adapter, I doubt it will be ready for consumers for a while but it looks promising :)

I really only want one because of how terrible the vita cards are and they are always getting corrupted.
(I always forked out for a stupid expensive 64gb card anyway, but having my 64gb mSD's be useful would be nice, probably faster too)

Reactions: julio.apc16
D

Deleted User

This is outstanding news! This will definitely flourish the Vita scene with new folk curious explore it and try it out!

If you don't already have a Vita, write it down on your bucket list to get one! You won't regret it; it already has plenty of breathtaking games to try out! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?