• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

North Korea and Trump

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
the north korean leader looks dumb, but he's not that dumb. he knows the moment he nukes the U.S. will be the moment where north korea go up in flames, the concept of nuclear deterrence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deterrence_theory
i dont know what youre all afraid of, kim is just doing test, he said it
What you guys are missing is that the US is threatening an attack for testing missiles. Not in response for an attack. They want to test missiles around guam, which is US occupied.

Damn Autocorrect

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump is gonna end up destroying the country with nukes and some will praise him, while many will call what he did deplorable. NK is a country that has been stagnating for ages. A different president in power in the US and things would just continue on as they did with Obama and Bush in the White House, for better or for worse, NK really isn't our problem, nor have they ever been a real threat (And really they still aren't). But now we got a child in office (ironic considering he's our oldest president elected into office), who doesn't know what he's doing and will take NK's empty threats to heart and will end up obliterating the entire country.

Which frankly I think is terrible. Yeah, Kim and his totalitarianism need to be gone, but it shouldn't be through a means of killing so many innocent people. They gotta Seal Team 6 this thing if they really want to handle this thing properly (and I mean more than take out just Kim, I'm aware that there is a chain of command that would need to be taken out as well). Even still should they remove him and his chain of command from power, I still don't know how you move on to bringing democracy there and/or uniting NK with SK. No matter how you look at it, its a mess, and that likely plays into some of the reasons why past presidents have not tried to tackle the NK issues.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you guys are missing is that the US is threatening an attack for testing missiles. Not in response for an attack. They want to test missiles around guam, which is US occupied.

Damn Autocorrect

And yet some people are defending NK and saying "Lol just let them do it and leave them alone", yeah, real freaking smart.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trump isn't doing anything wrong.
I'm pretty sure he will not attack first, and if he does, it will be when he's 100% sure that it can be done.
Russia already said that it doesn't want NK as a nuclear state, so that's one potential ally.
If a war does break out, I'm pretty sure it will be through conventional warfare and not a nuclear war, unless Kim attacks first.
I'm more worried about China, because of their "we'll be neutral only if north korea attacks first."

I really don't know what Xi Jin Ping is trying to do here, is he trying to drag himself into war with the US? Just as the tensions with India grow?
Maybe this is some 6D chess, but I don't know what to expect from the CCP anymore.
Could have been just Jiang's faction messing around with the news outlets though.

But Go Trump. I'd much rather have him, a competent leader that loves his people instead of a warmongering dictator that couldn't care less about the lives of it's people.

Last edited by Pacheko17,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Damn Autocorrect
Yes, probably it would be like the one on that base in Syria, what is problematic is how N.K. would respond to a symbolic attack like that one.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but the others aren't connected via land to one of our allies, with nukes, and a shit ton of missiles aimed at their biggest city.
If you don't think the Middle East is connected by land to our allied countries, I don't think you have that great a grasp on geography

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet some people are defending NK and saying "Lol just let them do it and leave them alone", yeah, real freaking smart.

To be fair, they've been doing these missile tests for well over a decade now (maybe even way longer, I'm not sure, I just remember hearing about these same kinds of tests back in 2006). I personally haven't taken a single one of their threats seriously for the past 10 years, and we're all still fine, so I really do get that mentality of let them do them. I feel more threatened by global warming at this point than I do NK, and I bet most people in Guam feel the same way, I doubt many of them actually feel threatened.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't think the Middle East is connected by land to our allied countries, I don't think you have that great a grasp on geography

I think what they're saying is NK is in incredibly close proximity to SK connected by the same land mass. I mean whats the closest ally to say Iran? Is it India? That's not exactly what I'd consider to be close proximity.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saudi Arabia is a US ally my dude
i though there were lot of treaty between them but nott army alliance
like trading treraty and such, but army alliance treaty? i doubt there is one between SA and US

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i though there were lot of treaty between them but nott army alliance
like trading treraty and such, but army alliance treaty? i doubt there is one between SA and US
We sell them a ton of weapons. They are considered an ally. But as an american, I wouldn't go there though.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
N Korea isn't threatening to test missiles around Guam, they're threatening to delete it.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I just watched this small interview about Women rights in North Korea from actual defectors who have lived in NK for 30+ years before they defected. And it is quite frankly disgusting and sickening. I mean some of the stuff the defectors were saying reminded me of the kind of stupid plot twist you would hear about in some f****d up movie. Like some of the stuff they said about how women are treated on a day to day basis really struck a cord since it rivals and in some cases surpasses other countries.

BTW i HIGHLY recommend you sub that channel if you want in depth factual stories from the latest in Asia. They cover stories from SK,NK,China,Japan, India and Indonesia.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse